Chapter Forty- " what are you going to punch me? "

I walked out of my room after getting dress, I was half awake.
I saw Cole and Brendon sitting on the couch, " what's going on? " I asked.
" it's ditch day " Cole answered.
" and? " I asked.
" were going to the beach " Brendon said.
" why? " I asked.
" now that you're in grade 11 your aloud to participate in ditch day " Cole said.
" what if I don't want to do " I said rubbing my eye.
" come on it will be fun, were just going to the beach " Brendon said.
" but- ".
" your coming with us " Cole said.
" your supposed to be my role model " I said.
" yes I am, so your coming, because you need to have fun, you can't just have school school school all the time " Cole said.
" he's right " Brendon said.
" fine, i'll go get in my bathing suit, but it doesn't mean i'm swimming " I sighed walking back to my room to change.
Once I was changed the door opened and Brendon walked in, I glared at him.
" what it's going to be fun, trust me " he said.
" I was all ready to go to school " I sighed.
" hey, don't be that school person, come and have fun " he said.
" I have fun " I said.
" you have fun doing your homework? " he asked, I looked away.
" maybe you will get an idea for a new song " he said.
" maybe " I smiled.
We walked out to our car, I was forced to sit in the back since Brendon called shotgun.
I looked out the window as we pulled up to the beach I saw Chance, Justin, Sofia and.... Grace all standing together.
We got out of the car and Brendon walked over to me as I let out a sigh when I saw Grace.
" what? Everything ok? " he asked.
" nothing " I smiled.
We walked over and joined everyone else, Grace rolled her eyes when she saw me. I honestly don't know what her problem is we were just friends, I wasn't going to ask since I don't really care.
" finally you guys are here " Justin smiled.
" were here " I sighed.
" this one didn't want to come " Brendon said rubbing my head messing up my hair.
" why not? " Chance asked.
" I don't know, I like school " I smiled.
" ah " Sofia smiled.
Grace just looked away walking over to Cole staring to make out with him.
" should we get down to the beach? " Chance asked.
" yeah " I said.
We walked down really close to the beach and set down our big towel blanket thing that I knew by the end of the day would be covered in sand.
I sat down on the blanket and looked out at the blue water, it reminded me of Mexico and how I really missed being there. I looked up at the sun, summer, it was summer the best season since, schools over even though I like it, but it's over and summer and sun and water. It's just all around amazing.
Everyone started to go into the water, " coming? " Brendon asked.
" no i'm going to stay here for a little bit " I smiled.
" ok, but have fun remember " he smiled before running to catch up with everyone else.
Chance came running up to me, " what are you doing back here? " I asked.
" waters too cold for me, what are you doing? " he asked sitting down beside me.
" trying to write a song, but it's not working " I sighed.
" I would help, but I can't write songs " he smiled.
" I know that " I sighed.
" why did you want to come today? " he asked.
" beaches just aren't my thing, I like them, but don't like them if you know what I mean and Grace, is still a bitch " I sighed.
" I know, i've noticed, want me to talk to her? " he asked.
" no it's fine, it'll just blow over " I smiled.
Grace came running up to us.
" leave, we need to talk alone " Grace glared at Chance.
" ok " Chance rolled his eyes.
Grace sat down beside me.
" yes? " I asked.
" why are you being a bitch to me? " she asked, my jaw dropped.
" what?! " I asked in aw.
" you heard me, why are you being such a bitch? " she asked again in a bitchy tone.
" umm, your being a bitch to me " I said.
" no i'm not, i've done nothing " she said.
" Grace, do you hear yourself, your the one talking to me in a bitchy tone right now " I said.
" what!? How could you say that? Your just rude " she stood up and walked over to Cole.
" what just happened? " I asked myself.
Cole came over to me, " why did you just tell Grace she a fucking bitch and to fuck off? " Cole asked.
I sat there in aw, " oh my gosh " I said
" answer me " he said.
" I said nothing like that, she was talking to me in a bitchy tone is what I said ".
" are you sure? " he asked.
" yes i'm sure " I said.
" fine " he said waking away.
Chance came back over to me, " what happened? " he asked.
" I think Grace just tried to pin my brother against me and she's been planning this the whole time " I said.
" what? Your joking right? " he said.
" I wish I was " I said.
" just so much drama " I sighed.

After we finished up at the beach we all went to the diner for lunch.
I sat across from Grace who was glaring at me.
" ok Grace what did I do? " I asked.
" nothing " she said.
" you've been glaring at me this whole day, what did I do to make you hate me again? " I asked.
" nothing " she glared again.
" Grace you just glared again " Justin said, soon everyone was questioning why she was glaring at me.
" shut up! " she yelled.
" I didn't want her to come to the beach " she said.
" why not? " Brendon asked.
" Bethany, you are not one of us and i've realized that recently you don't fit in with us, so you shouldn't be hangout with us " she said.
" Grace! " Cole said.
" it's true, she's an outsider, she's not one of us " she said.
" wow " I said staring to laugh.
" that's real funny " I said laughing everyone looked at me confused.
" what's so funny? " she asked angrily.
" you really think I care that I don't fit in, I know I don't fit in, specially not here, but i'm friends with everyone here, except you, so I find it funny that you think I don't fit in here just because I don't fit in with you " I smiled.
Grace clenched her fist, " what are you going to punch me? " I asked.
" because you'll be losing everyone who might still care for you and I know you don't want that " I said.
She looked around at everyone, then ran out of the diner.
" and there she goes " Sofia said.
" i'll go talk to her " she added.
" why? " Cole asked.
" I know why she's mad, and what she told all of us was not it, she's just jealous and always will be " Sofia said running after her.

Brendon got a ride home with Justin so it was just Cole and I in the car.
We drove halfway home in silence.
" well that was an interesting lunch " I said.
" just stop " Cole said.
" what, don't get mad at me now too " I said.
" i'm not, i'm just mad at Grace and I don't want to talk about it " he said.
We drove a little bit longer.
" Cole " I said.
" what? " he asked pulling over to the side of the road.
" have you never seen Grace like that before? " I asked.
" no I haven't " he said.
" i'm sorry " I said.
" don't say sorry, I didn't know that that's what you were dealing with " he said.
" don't break up with her " I said.
" why not? " he asked.
" yes I hate her again, but you love her, and you can change her and say you'll only stay with her if she stops being mean to me " I said.
" no, I don't like the way she talked to you, so no, i'm breaking up with her " he said.
" are you sure about this? " I asked.
" positive " he said.
" ok " I nodded.
We drove back home, well this was an interesting day.