Chapter Nine- " give that back! "

I was up early in the morning, I walked out to the kitchen to see my mom standing there making three teas.
" what are you doing home? " I asked.
" I wasn't feeling that well so I took a sick day " she said.
" well I work tonight, so sadly we can't hangout " I sighed.
" that's ok, I will most likely take tomorrow off too " she smiled.
" great " I smiled.
" why are you home " I turned around to see Cole.
" not feeling that well, i'm actually going to lay back down, your tea's are ready though " she said walking past us and into her room.
" so how was your sleep on the couch? " Cole laughed.
" I went into my room around 2 " I said grabbing my tea and sitting down at the table.
" were still driving Judy right? " he asked.
" yeah " I said.
" oh and can I have a ride to work at 2:30? " I asked.
" sure and maybe I might just stop in with the boys and get a bit to eat " he smirked.
" please don't " I bagged.
" maybe " he smiled.
I looked at the time.
" holy crap, we have to get going " I said.
We ran out the door, got in the car and drove to pick up Judy, she hopped into the back seat.
" why were you so late? " Judy asked.
" we were talking and lost track of time " Cole said as we pulled into the school parking lot.
We got to school with just enough time.
" hey Bethany, are we done the project? " I turned around to see Sofia standing there.
" yes we're almost done, we just have some final things to do " I smiled.
" great " she smiled and walked away.
" I guess Grace isn't here today " Judy smiled.
" finally a free day " we laughed.
We walked into the classroom and sat down.
" I have to work tonight " I sighed.
" oh I might stop in, I have to watch my brother tonight and he really likes the way you make the vanilla milkshakes " she said.
" ok I start work at 3 " I smiled.
" that's when I have to pick him up so will be in some time around 3, 3:30 " she smiled.
" ok, i'll be waiting " I said.
" also we need to start writing our own songs, so we get noticed more " she said.
" i'll start thinking up some at work " I said.
" and tomorrow I could go to the music room for a little and think up some tunes then record them and we can turn it into a beat " I said.
" prefect idea " she smiled.
" and then we still need to do the him and I with let you down mix " Judy reminded me.
" oh yeah, will have a lot of recording to do " I laughed.
" yes we will " she agreed.
The bell rang and Chance walked into the classroom and sat down beside me.
I pulled out my note book and started to think up some lyrics.
All the songs nowadays are about love and pain and heartbreak, but all of that has never happened. A song has to be relatable, most of the time at least.
This was going to be way harder than I thought.

It was the end of the day.
Cole drove me to work, " i'll be back later " Cole said.
" please no " I said.
" see yeah " he pulled out of the parking lot.
I walked in the door.
" good your here, we have been really low on staff and your the best waitress we have right now so you'll be working at every table " my boss said.
" ok " I smiled.
I walked to the back room and grabbed my roller skates from the cupboard.
I work at an old fashion diner where everyone that works there is on skates. It took me a couple months to figure out how to move on them and carry food at the same time, but it was pretty easy once you got the hang of it.
I skated over to a couple sitting at a table by the window.
" hi, I will be your server today is there anything you would like to drink? " I smiled.
" just one vanilla milkshake and one chocolate, please " the young man smiled.
" the will be right over " I smiled.
" one chocolate and one vanilla milkshake " I said.
I turned around to see Judy and her little brother.
" hey guys " I smiled.
I kneeled down to be face to face with her little brother.
" I here you have been wanting a vanilla milkshake " I smiled.
" yes please " he smiled.
I quickly made the milkshake and passed it off to them.
I heard the door ring, I looked over to see Cole, Chance, Justin and Brendon all walk in and sit down at on of the tables I was working at.
" i'll be right back " I smiled.
I grabbed the chocolate and vanilla milk shake and skated over to the table with the young man and woman.
" here are your drinks " I placed them down.
" is there anything else you'll want? " I asked.
" no I think we're good thank you " the young lady smiled.
" ok " I smiled.
I skated over to my brothers table.
" oh hey sis " he smiled.
" oh hey bro " I smiled.
" what would you like? " I asked.
" I'm pretty sure we all want chocolate milk shakes and hamburgers " Justin said.
" yeah " Brendon agreed with his choice.
" ok, that will be right over " I smiled and skated over to the door where Judy was standing.
" we have to get going, were having a family meeting " Judy smiled.
" I bet it's about the weekend " I said.
" yeah, probably just saying if you are going on a road trip ever again you have to tell me before you go " Judy said in her mom's voice.
" good luck " I smiled.
" thanks " she smiled as her and her brother walked out of the diner.
I skated over to the milkshake place and made the four chocolate milk shakes.
I put them on the tray and went back over to the table.
" here are the milkshakes " I smiled and placed them down on the table.
" ok how are you skating and not dropping anything? " Chance asked.
" it's a skill " I smiled.
" and your food will be right over " I smiled and skated away.
The night was slow and not many people were coming in.
I brought the burgers over to there table.
" ok your a wizard, how did you not drop that? " Brendon asked.
" like I said it's a skill " I smiled.
I skated over to the table beside them.
" are you all done? " I asked.
" yes " the man said.
" i'll be right back will the bill " I smiled.
I placed the cups in the sink then grabbed the bill and placed it down in front of them.
" thank you " the lady smiled.
" no, thank you for coming " I smiled and skated away.
I stood behind the counter.
I saw Brendon and Chance talking about something, but it kinda looked like they were having a fight, why does Brendon look hot when he's mad, no Bethany stop, your at work.
I just realized that Brendon and Justin and Chance were all wearing football jackets, I guess they all made the team.
I grabbed the money from the other table then placed it in the cash register.
I heard the music start to play, it sounded really familiar, I went over to the radio and turned it up.
No way, this is Judy and I.
I texted her so fast and told her to turn on the radio.
The radio guy came over the radio, " and that was a new cover from the band Carnival Heart, hopefully they come out with a new cover song soon " he said.
I went over to the table.
" all done? " I asked.
" yup " Justin smiled.
" ok I will be right back with the bill " I grabbed the plates and went back over to them with the bill.
" before we go can you put the that cover song back on, it's amazing " Justin smiled.
" I think all of us really love it " Brendon smiled, only him and Chance knew it was me singing, but they didn't know that each other knew.
" sadly I don't think I can, since I need you to pay " I smiled.
" i'll pay " Cole said.
" no you paid last time " Brendan said.
" yeah, but you payed the time before that, so let me pay " Justin said.
" no all of you have paid before, but me so let me pay " Chance said.
" no it's my treat " Cole said.
" can one of you just put money on the table " I said, they all looked at me.
Chance placed the money on the table.
" thank you " I smiled.
They all started to leave when Brendon walked over to me.
" you were on the radio " he said.
" keep your voice down " I said.
" I don't want anyone to know ".
" I still don't get why not " he said.
" i'm an outsider, once people find out it's me they won't like it anymore " I said.
" people like mystery " I added.
" if your talking to me, your not an outsider " he said.
" yeah, but your talking to me, which makes you an outsider, an outsider is always a outsider and nothing can change that " I said.
" your not an outsider, your just unique " he smiled before walking out the door to meet up with the others.

Cole came and picked me up at 8.
" so what did Brendon say to you after we ate? " Cole asked.
" just wanted to say hi " I lied.
" i've never seen you and Brendon talk in my life, and he just wanted to say hi " Cole raised his eyebrow.
" yes, he just wanted to say hi " I said.
My phone buzzed.
I pulled it out from my pocket, It was a text from the sience group chat.

Sofia- hey do you want to come back over to my house tomorrow so we can finish the project?
Justin- sure
Chance- yeah i'm free
Bethany- sounds good to me, what time?
Sofia- come around 6:30
Chance- ok see yeah

I got out of the car and walked inside, I walked into my mom's room to see how she was doing.
" i'm doing good " she smiled.
" good " I said.
" I'm sadly going to be busy all day tomorrow so we can't hangout " I sighed.
" that's ok, I wouldn't want to get you sick " she smiled.
" i'm going to go get ready for bed " I smiled.
" night " she smiled as I left the room and went into my room.
Cole was sitting on my bed.
" today Brendon and I talked again " he was reading through my notebook.
" give that back! " I yelled.
" you like Brendon " he said jumping to the other side of my bed.
" fine maybe I do, but why do you care? " I asked.
" because he's one of my friend " he said.
" he's not even in your grade " I said.
" do I care, no he's still my friend " he said.
" just give me my book " I said.
He throw the book at me and walked past me.
" Cole " I said.
He turned and looked back at me.
" please don't tell anyone, only Judy knows " I said.
" I won't, don't worry, i'm going to earn your trust again so I can find out why you went to Ottawa " he smiled and walked down the hallway.
" thanks " I smiled and closed my bedroom door.
I let out a sigh, he better not tell anyone.

••••••

How are you liking it so far?
Who's your fav character?