1 ; "guilty pleasure, am't I?"

JENNIE KIM

.

"Can you believe that's the fifth death this week?" Chaeyoung was chewing on some popcorn while breaking news literally broke the movie we were in the middle in.

I shrugged though a roaming thought of the man in my bar bothered me with her question. "It's a small town. There was bound to be some drama some time."

"It just sucks." Chaeyoung booed at the tv throwing popcorn at it. I laughed at her and shoved her slightly. "What? Boohoo, there's a killer. That's why we need some serious prosecutors. Stupid and dull people."

"You and your morals."

She huffed in agreement. "You got that right."

I sighed. "Do you know a man named Min Yoongi?"

"Hm?" She glanced up at me, running her hand through her black silk hair. "Ah, yeah. The silent bad boy who's apparently an avid psychopath killer?"

My face paled at that. "Yeah. Him."

"Never met him. He seems cool though." I whipped my head at her and she shrugged. "He seems harmless. They're just meaningless rumors anyway."

I sighed and looked down at my lap, sudden images of the pale and mysterious man flashing in my mind. I pursed my lips together and Chaeyoung seemed to notice my contemplation of thoughts.

"You know him?"

"No." I denied immediately not showing any hint of doubt. "Rumors spread in the kitchen today about him."

That and our head chef was killed. His name seemed to be the only one roaming around.

"I saw your head chef in the news this morning." She shifted in her seat beside me to face me. I looked at her inconspicuously. "Something about that right?"

I was curious. How my life seemed to revolve around this new man and the deaths in the town. There were always deaths here. Whether or not it was an accident, they were somehow related to me.

It started unsuspiciously as a frequent customer of mine who started to strike interest in me, I guess. I didn't expect to find out he died and it didn't matter to me much. I felt saddened though, he was a nice man with good intentions. A group of boys around my age were caught a couple weeks after in an alleyway torn apart. There entire bodies seemed to be mauled and such but no evidence showed that it was an animal of any sort to have done something so malicious. They were boys who pestered me a lot on the streets when I would go into work. Not the bar, my full time job. As a sous chef. Others followed and it seemed as though I knew them to be those who found me attractive in some way. Which isn't abnormal, I get that a lot. But it's beginning to worry me.

It's as if someone wanted me in their possession but can't approach me. And because of it, since they can't have me? No one can.

It was fucking terrifying.