23 ; "unfortunately yes."

short little filler

JENNIE KIM

"I need A C and X platters on party 7 please."

My life was surrounded by complete normality now. What I thought was odd and dark became lively and true. My mind and actions revolved around my husband and my job that I almost forgot that I was a dead soul living a life for someone else. In my case, I wasn't mortified any longer. I was content with every single thing. Until the day came that my past life rebounded into the new.

The restaurant was fully booked tonight and I was far too busy to spare Yoongi a minute to acknowledge. And for the time being, he did my cutthroat work sometimes. Took over the bar remembering things I had done when we first encountered each other years ago. The night ended and I helped clean the kitchen and the dining room when Yoongi called me over after a business call.

"Honey, come here." He didn't glance at me but kept stern in a computer screen.

I let the boys off for the day and met him around the bar counter. I gave him a loving kiss on his jawline before snooping in his work.

"Dabbling in Seokjin's documents I see." My eyebrows furrowed boring a familiar company on one particular page. "Park Enterprises?"

The breathy exhale in let out got my husband to glance at me. I blinked once before glaring into his brown plastic orbs he used as eyes. My body froze for a second staring at the screen with a baffled expression and I had to swallow down my shock to ease him.

"What are you guys doing partnering with Park Enterprises?" I asked with a solemn tone.

"It's not what you think."

"You promised me ya'll were done messing with Chaeyoung's life." I insisted with my eyes burning into my husband. "I let you guys get away with taking her from me in exchange of letting her live her own life. Wasn't that an agreement, Yoongi-ah?"

"Jimin is getting weaker." He reasoned taking my arm gently and leading me to sit in my anger instead of aggravate it more. "Seokjin has a plan and Taehyung has promised a positive involvement."

"Taehyung?" I questioned with pure disgust. "That retched demon you call a friend— they call a brother? If you can call that a plan, you must be the densest person on the planet."

"It's not the greatest plan, I must admit."

"So you know!"

"Jennie." He groaned rubbing at his temples. "You cannot deter Seokjin while he is trying to keep his brother stable— Our lord, or did you forget that?"

My teeth gritted and I was only angry with him. What I was capable of because he kept this from me. Something important. Something that I thought was history when it just become the front page news of tomorrow. He took my face in his hands shimmying between my dangling legs off the counter to press a kiss onto my lips.

"You are the most important priority to me." He mumbled against my skin, cold and lifeless. "But he is still important to the both of us. Spite him if you want."

"Chaeyoung," I frowned. "Was also a priority of mine. But that was robbed from me."

He smiled at me, like a monster making me roll my eyes at his obnoxious reaction to my tantrum.

"That's funny you think I share you. That you can prioritize someone else other than me."

"You're making me prioritize Jimin!"

"He's not a priority, honey. He's an obligation."

I grumbled knowing I can never win with him. Things got easier, but I never said I didn't have troubles sometimes. He hummed feeling my resistance and once again felt the need to press his lips against my forehead. My hands hovered his waist thinking about him and only him again. The manipulation of my husband was inobstructable.