8 ; "but will you learn to love him even if he doesn't love you?"

JENNIE KIM

.

"What is this place?"

I looked up at a seemingly dark and haunting mansion, the eerie feeling of more than just one scary man hitting me like a fucking brick.

I glanced at Yoongi who drove whilst fixing his tie.

"Home."

It was reassuring to know he answered a question I asked this time, but I hated feeling guilty about it. He missed this place and the only reason he had been away was because of me. Is it my fault? Of course not. He wants me and that's that. I never asked for any of this. But knowing I might not matter once I'm finally his— it's not that settling with me.

We arrived in a parking lot almost, where more car's identical to his were parked. However instead, men similar to those with dark indigo eyes stared into the vehicle with slowness and disconcern. I pressed my lips together firmly, not glancing at the demon man beside me and exited the car as he did so. He met me immediately at my side, taking no hesitation to place his cold hard hand against my arched back. The men bowed towards him and I noticed still that Yoongi was not just some demon. He was of importance to these beings.

I felt wavered to be in a position next to him almost. I cleared my throat and followed him as he lead me towards the entrance of grand hall.

The lights were dim, but it was elegant and charming. Alluring to most humans who knew what money tasted like—.

"Good evening, Sir Min." A man in his twenties, who seemed to be that age for a while now smiled in Yoongi's presence. He glanced at me. "Ms. Jennie, we've been expecting you as well. Please, follow me. Lord Jimin will be pleased to meet with the both of you."

Yoongi stood firm and quiet which didn't exactly soothe my anxiousness. Again, I followed as Yoongi pushed my back slightly only to be met with the grander hall we had been invited to.

The dress made for me by the werewolf Yoongi had brought me to was perfect the occasion. But the woman in the dress, that being me— I felt misplaced in this situation. I wasn't meant to be here. As soon as I walked into the room, I can tell. We were fashionably late, as Yoongi repeated multiple times in the car and even at home when I reminded him the time he'd informed me the occasion would start. So the stares were inevitable. I felt pressured to be a perfect image for the man devil beside me but I knew that wasn't going to happen until I'm inhuman and dead.

"You're tense." Yoongi intimately leaned his plumper lips against the tip of my ear jittering my body a little too much. I couldn't hold back the flushing red growing on my cheeks. "We feed off fear, you know? You're just giving them the satisfaction."

"I'm trying to be subtle."

"About being human or being my date?"

I sighed, my lips curling down into a frown. "Both."