18 ; "when do you mean anything you say?"

JENNIE KIM

Yoongi was handling some of an absent Jimin's affairs at his quarters so I ended up staying with Seokjin until his future bride would arrive. To say I was nervous was just the middle section of what I was feeling. I was confused and heartbroken half the time for different reasons but I could even express myself with ease the way I'm used too when I was human.

"You both had an altercation?" Seokjin asked with tenderness and I rolled my eyes.

"Please don't say it as if we beat each other to death all the time."

He shrugged with pouty lips. "I dunno. You two are quite the feisty couple."

I can't help but roll my eyes at him again, a natural feeling of annoyance I got with this frisky demon from time to time. "Seokjin-ah, does it ever, I don't know, bother you that you might be a little too honest?"

"Eh."

I sighed. "We broke up."

He broke into a fit of pained laughter. "Shut the fucking barn doors. No you two didn't."

"I'm more than one hundred percent sure Chaeyoung hates me and Yoongi didn't help the fact that she does either."

Jin waved me towards him so I can hear him out, his bitter silence a sign that I'll be hearing something I'm not going to completely like. "Jennie. Now is a good time to realize your husband isn't the man you want him to be."

I wanted to react. I wanted to hurt with that sentence alone but all I can feel is what I suffer. Nothing. Which caused me pain even more.

"He's a man of pure devotion. Pure adoration for anyone he's grown to care for. But he draws the line there. He can't properly love like you can, Jennie. He can only love as much as he can to himself. We are carried souls from the past who are forced to suffer with a loophole. For him, that's you."

"Am I wrong.. to fight for myself sometimes too?"

"Of course not. But—"

"Talking about me?"

Our heads whipped around to see the love of both my past life and present in his mightiest form, eyes wide with disconcern and an eyebrow raised. I looked down with guilt knowing better than to strike against the connection between my own feelings and thoughts to his. Seokjin pierced at his own lips before turning away from him and me both.

Seokjin cleared his throat making me trudge towards the couch on the other side of the room. "Don't do this here. We're having a visitor."

"Yes hyung."

And like that, just a minute went by that we can taste adrenaline on our lips, our tongues.. we can feel it rolling through our system like energy. We knew the moment she walked in, she existed.

This is what he meant.. when he said demons like the thrill.

I might not eat people but it tasted great to know of other's sufferings because of what I've become. It was odd. To feel no remorse. Because that's just not who I was.

I felt an even odder bad occur to me when she walked into the room. Her face was pale, her body reeked of the retched demon king everyone worships in this god damn hell he controls, and her heart was searching for a way out. But her eyes were different. She felt confused and deterred. I knew what that feeling was.

She liked Jimin. More than she wanted to.

And I can only blink at her with a frown on my face cause that's the best I can do.