17 ; "how can you love me?"

heartbreaking bittersweet fluff after a short hiatus

JENNIE KIM

"What do you mean she came to our home?"

I was trying very hard not to raise my voice at my counterpart. But for a good year, all I've done was kept my part quiet. I kept her away from everything that I was dragged into because I knew Chaeyoung. I knew she was too pure for this world they live in and what I became. I gave up a lot losing her to the most important— the nearly as terrifying as my own boyfriend. I'm not letting Chaeyoung think I kept this from her to keep myself safe.

I knew she had doubts about Yoongi and I. I saw it in her eyes when we had "coincidentally" bumped into him in the market place back a month ago. She could see that our eyes were different, the aura I shared when we brushed past him. She knew there was something I wasn't telling her about knowing a man known to be dangerous— Min Yoongi. She knows me all to well. But I chose to keep her away from it all. And now I'm seeing myself get shoved in a shit hole.

"Yoongi, look at me when I talk to you instead of that damned book for once!" I glared at him as he carelessly rubbed at his book cover.

He inhaled sharply as an exaggerated exasperation and it riled me up even more. "Enough, Jennie. It's something that has become out of your control."

"Bullshit." I dared to challenge my fiancé, noting the spark of darkness rotting in his jawline. I shakily curled in my fists and begun to argue. "I am not and will never be confided in your flowy careless fates, my dear future husband. And you will listen to me when I tell you that I will not tolerate my past life falling to the ground because of you."

Sideways, his jaw curled sideways and he flickered his white orbs at me. He blinked once, the furiously ramming redness of his pupil agitated by my speech. "Excuse me?"

"I gave up too much for you. I draw the line at my best friend, Min Yoongi. Much like how you draw the line to your past love live's."

He let out an expected snicker throwing his book on the couch and taking the time to storm away. "If you make this about my endeavors in the past, it seems that it's more your problem than mine."

"Don't make this about me, you fuck!" I growled at him stomping my feet in a tantrum. "All you do is criticize me. You make things my problem when everything starts and ends with you. That's all it's been. For a year, all I do is obey you because I'm completely infatuated with you and your despicable persona."

"Don't victimize yourself, love." His voice was dark and sinister.

"Yoongi, please." I begged, my knees trembling beneath me. "Take everything away. My rights and justification to my life— don't take away her."

He whipped around at me. He can feel it. He can feel the pain I feel, the consequential sacrifice he had given in order to have me was to feel the pain I experience whether or not it was inflicted by him. His eyebrows were furrowed, the whiteness to his eyes blurring. His jaw was clenched and not of anger but in terror. He blinked once at me and my lips trembled along my knees this time.

"I love you. You don't have to return the favor." I mumbled softly not being able to properly expression my pain. I lack the technicalities to emote like others can now. But the best I can do is tell him what I'm feeling. Since he can feel the constriction anyway. "But let me love her too."

He seethed, teeth not his usual baring at me like an animal. "I don't share you. I will not."

"It's not a question."