Day One

In the morning, Pansy and Hermione woke up to Hermione's alarm. They got dressed and ready for the day, that would, no doubt, be long. Hermione smeared on some lipstick, concealer, and mascara, then waited for Pansy to be done. 

          "Blimey, Hermione. You put almost no makeup on!" Pansy exclaimed. She had lip gloss on along with mascara, foundation, concealer, blush, eye shadow, brow makeup, and she was finishing on her contour. 

          "I used to put a lot of makeup on. But, I soon realized that I didn't really care. This is school and we've been with the same people for years. I've learned to not care what others think of me." Pansy let out a slight gasp. 

          "Can I have your self confidence, please?" Pansy joked. She and Hermione laughed. When Pansy was done, she and Hermione walked out to the common room together. The were in mid-conversation when a collection of gasps stopped them. The rest of the girls, and the Griffindor boys were all looking at them in shock. But, no matter how everyone was looking at them, Pansy and Hermione were unfazed. 

          "Where is everyone else?" Hermione asked, breaking the silence. 

          "The rest of the boys have already left," Harry muttered. 

          "Well, then. What are we waiting for?" Pansy asked. Hermione and Pansy strode past them and out of the portrait hole. The rest of the group, however, remained still. When Pansy and Hermione turned the corner, they burst into quiet laughter. 

          "Did you see their faces?" Pansy exclaimed.

          "Yes! They looked as white as ghosts." Pansy and Hermione laughed again. 

          "If you thought that was funny, just wait until we walk into the great hall together," Pansy quipped. After Hermione and Pansy were done laughing, they started heading towards the great hall. The hallways were practically empty, so Hermione and Pansy could talk without many stares. They did get a few, but not enough to distract them from their conversation. 

          When they got to the great hall doors, though, they both suddenly stopped. Hermione looked over to Pansy. 

          "You ready? There are going to be a lot people staring at us." Pansy laughed. 

          "I may not have much self confidence, but I have enough for this. Besides, if these gits don't have anything other to do than talk about someone else's life, their opinions aren't worth caring about." Hermione and Pansy laughed. When their laughter had finally died down, they both turned to face the door. 

          "I'm ready. But are you?" Pansy asked. Hermione nodded. "Ready?"

          "Ready." And with that, Hermione and Pansy walked into the great hall. They were both wearing huge smiles when they walked in. As if to showcase their newfound friendship. At first, many people didn't notice them, but as they walked towards the table with the rest of the eighth years, people were starting to notice. A lot of people. As Hermione had expected, the whispers came along with the stares.

          "Take a look at your Gryffindors," Pansy snickered. "They look whiter than you friends this morning." Hermione glanced at the Gryffindor table, and Pansy indeed spoke the truth. All of the Gryffindors were whiter than the plates.

          "I can say the same about your fellow Slytherins," Hermione added while smirking. Pansy looked over at the Slytherins. But, instead of them being extremely pale, most of them looked angery. They were glaring and some of them were even forcefully clutching the table cloth.

          "They're glaring at me. At least your loyal Gryffindors won't hate your guts." Hermione chuckled. 

          "I'm sure there's going to be quite a few that will hate me for a while. But, look," Hermione pointed at some of the other students at the Slytherin table. "Some of them are smiling." Pansy looked to where Hermione was pointing and indeed, there was a group of Slytherins smiling. "Their smiles even look genuine." Pansy rolled her eyes. 

          "They're probably happy because of house unity or some shit." Hermione laughed and led Pansy the rest of the way to the eighth year table. 

          "Are you two buddy-buddy now?" Draco sneered. Pansy opened her mouth to probably insult him, but Hermione beat her to it. 

          "What's it to you, Malfoy?" Draco glared but kept silent. "That's what I thought." Blaise and Theodore snickered. Draco shot them a look before going back to his food. 

After breakfast, Pansy and Hermione compared schedules. 

          "We have practically the same schedules," Hermione commented. 

          "Yeah," Pansy muttered while frowning. 

          "Is something wrong?" Hermione asked cautiously. Pansy didn't respond. Hermione tapped her shoulder, breaking Pansy out of her reverie. 

          "Oh! No, no. Nothings wrong. But look," Pansy pointed at something on her schedule. "What's 'counseling'?" Hermione furrowed her eyebrows. 

          "I don't know," Hermione muttered. Suddenly, a voice interrupted them. 

          "It's a class where we learn how to get over our grief of lost family members. We are also forced to discuss house unity and shit." Pansy and Hermione turned around. Draco stood behind them with his arms crossed. 

          "How do you know that?" Pansy asked while crossing her arms, too. 

          "I have my ways." Draco pushed past the two girls. Pansy and Hermione looked at each other and shrugged.

          "So, Hermione, I've been meaning to ask you something." Hermione frowned.

          "And what is that?" Hermione asked. Pansy laughed. "What?" Hermione demanded. 

          "It's just that you look like I just asked you to the Winter Ball." Hermione grinned. 

          "Sorry, I was just preparing for you to tell me that you actually hate me." Pansy laughed again.

          "Do you really think that little of me?" Pansy joked. Hermione blushed and shrugged. "Anyways, is there a nickname I could call you? Hermione is too long," Pansy complained. Hermione thought for a moment. 

          "Ron and Harry call me 'Mione." Pansy grinned.

          "Cool." Hermione laughed. 

          "And what about you?" Hermione inquired. 

          "What about me?" Pansy asked.

          "Your nickname! I could call you Pan," Hermione teased. "or Park, or-" Hermione was cut off Pansy.

          "Pansy is fine, you sarcastic little-" 

          "Shit! We're going to be late," Hermione exclaimed. She grabbed Pansy's arm and pulled her to their first class together.

Author's note

Hello! I'm so sorry I haven't updated in a while! I've been super busy with school and traveling. But I'm finally back! (un) Luckily for you, I'll be posting more often too. Kiss Kiss!