Would You Rather

"-and that's all," Hermione finished. 

"That's all?" Pansy sighed. 

""What do you mean 'That's all'?" Hermione exclaimed. "You're the one who wanted to know! Do you mean I just told that whole thing for no-" 

"Wait, hold on," Pansy interrupted. 

Hermione ignored her and kept rambling. Pansy interrupted once more.

"You said that after you lectured the boys, you stormed off." 

Hermione stopped rambling so that she could mutter, "I wouldn't say stormed off." Pansy ignored her.

"That means that you didn't ever tell them who you were going to the dance with!" Pansy exclaimed. "That's why we were out there in the first place!" 

"I know, but I was so mad at the time. It must've just slipped my mind," Hermione muttered. Her eyes fluttered to the crucifix on the desk. The action went unnoticed by Pansy.

"'Mione, you are impossible." Hermione playfully hit Pansy on the arm and then sighed. 

"Now, what am I going to do?" Hermione complained. "I still don't have a date." Hermione corrected herself, "A friend to go with." 

"Go back out there and tell one of them yes!" Pansy shouted, annoyed. "I don't see why this is so hard to get through your brain!"  

"But that would be embarrassing!" Hermione shouted back. 

"How? How would that be embarrassing?"

"Well, how would you feel if you stormed away from someone and then came back a few minutes later to finish your conversation with him?" Pansy rolled her eyes.

"It's either you lose your dignity to a couple of boys or you lose your dignity to the whole school. Or who ever is going to the Winter Ball at least. Which one would you rather?" Pansy crossed her arms.

"Just because I don't have someone to go with doesn't mean I'll lose my dignity," Hermione protested. 

Pansy rolled her eyes. "Just answer the question. Which one would you rather have?" Pansy asked. Hermione thought for a few moments. She didn't want to go alone. She could skip, but she'd been looking forward to the Ball ever since it was announced. 

"I guess you're right," Hermione muttered eventually. 

"Hmm?" Pansy asked, leaning closer to Hermione. "What was that? I couldn't hear you." 

"You were right," Hermione muttered a little bit louder.

"You're going to have to speak up, dear." Hermione tried to glare at Pansy but couldn't stop herself from smiling. 

"I said you were right!" Hermione finally shouted. Pansy straightened up. 

"That's what I thought." Hermione pushed Pansy only to get pushed back. 

"I guess I'll go then," Hermione murmured and started to head towards the door. 

"Good luck!" Pansy added. Hermione laughed and nodded. She turned back towards the door. 

"You got this Hermione," Hermione muttered to herself while striding towards the door.

"All you're doing is telling one of the boys that you'll except their invite to the Ball," Hermione kept muttering to herself. 

With each step, Hermione's confidence was growing. 

"You got this." And with that last confidence booster, Hermione pushed open the door.