Madam Pomfrey

Announcement!!! Hey y'all. I know I don't do these often, so I'll make it short. I just wanna say go read letters for Benjamin by Pingwrites! I found it recently and I just binged it. It does have crude and explicit language, but I'm sure you're mature enough if you're reading this story lol. Anyways it's really good go read it thanks here's my story...

~Contin- lol jk this isn't a flashback~

~December 11~

Hermione shot up to a sitting position, drenched in sweat. She was startled to find that she wasn't in her bed. Her thoughts swirled around in her head. It was like the past couple of months had just flashed before her eyes. Her eyes laced the room, trying to figure out where she was. There were lots of other beds around her, and the only light in the room came from the moon outside. It was night? She wondered what time it was.

Suddenly, the memories of what had just happened came flooding back. She had gone on a walk with Draco when she had had a panic attack. She was in the hospital wing. Her eyes flew around the room. This couldn't be happening. The nurse was bound to find out what had happened. How would she explain it? Any lies she told would probably be found out, and she wasn't ready to tell the truth. Hermione felt panic race through her system. 

As her eyes searched the room for who-knew-what, they landed on a slouched figure next to her. She squinted to see through the darkness, and was surprised to find Pansy sitting next to her, sound asleep. 

"Pansy?" Hermione muttered under her breath. Despite how quiet she was, Pansy's eyes shot open, startling Hermione. 

"Hermione!" Pansy cried as soon as she saw her. She quickly pulled Hermione into a bone-crushing hug. Hermione didn't know what to say. Pansy probably knew what had happened, so then why was she being so nice? Wasn't she disgusted to know that Hermione had so much wrong with her. Surely Pansy didn't want to deal with Hermione's problems. 

"I'm so happy you're okay!" Pansy exclaimed, pulling away. Despite the situation, Pansy was beaming. 

"How long was I out?" Hermione asked, trying to avoid the subject of panic attacks. 

"Only a few hours," Pansy replied shortly. However, as soon as she answered, the doors burst open, and in strode Madam Pomfrey. 

"Ms. Granger!" she exclaimed. "Thank goodness you're awake." She came up to the bed and started examining everything about Hermione. 

"What time is it?" Hermione asked as Madam Pomfrey bustled around her. 

"3am," Madam Pomfrey answered. She stepped back from Hermione, seeming to be satisfied. "Well, Ms. Parkinson, I'm afraid to ask if you'll leave now. Now that you know Ms. Granger in alright." Pansy hesitated for a moment, then glanced worriedly at Hermione. Hermione smiled.

"Go on, Pansy, I'm fine." Pansy smiled back and nodded. 

"Alright, then. Well, uh, I'll see you tomorrow, Hermione," Pansy said as she turned to leave. Madam Pomfrey smiled as she watched.

"Well, I'll have you know, you caused quiet a ruckus in here, Ms. Granger," Madam Pomfrey said after Pansy had left. Hermione glanced up hesitantly, afraid she had somehow angered the nurse. But as she looked up at her, Hermione saw a smile on her face. 

"How so?" Hermione asked, wondering what that had meant. Madam Pomfrey chuckled.

"After Ms. Parkinson was informed of your situation, she raced in here despite me saying you would have no visitors. She then refused to leave as night fell, and has been sleeping next to you all night." Hermione giggled along with Madam Pomfrey. "Now, get some rest, Ms. Granger. I'll let you sleep well tonight, but tomorrow morning, we'll have some things to discuss." Hermione flinched. If Hermione was right in guessing what Madam Pomfrey meant, tomorrow would not be a pleasant day. Hermione hesitated, and then nodded. Madam Pomfrey smiled warmly, and put a hand on Hermione's shoulder. 

"Don't worry, Ms. Granger. Everything is going to be alright." Hermione smiled weakly back. Madam Pomfrey carefully pulled back her hand and sighed. She wished Hermione goodnight and then left. Hermione collapsed back onto her bed. She didn't want tomorrow to come. She would've stayed awake to drag the night out, but Hermione could feel her eyelids grow heavier with the second. Soon enough, she was sound asleep with not even a nightmare to interrupt. 

Hermione awoke to the bright sun coming in through the windows. She squinted as she sat up and stretched. Hermione yawned and rubbed her eyes too. As if on command, the doors on the other side of the room flew open, and Madam Pomfrey walked in. 

"Hermione," Madam Pomfrey exclaimed warmly. "Good morning. Or should I say: Good afternoon?" Hermione froze, mid-stretch. 

"Wait. What time is it?" Hermione asked. Madam Pomfrey smiled. 

"It happens to be 2 o'clock, Ms. Granger." Hermione's arms dropped as she groaned. 

"I'm sorry, Madam Pomfrey," Hermione muttered. Madam Pomfrey smiled warmly.

"There's no need to apologize. I would've woken you up if need be, but you were just so tired." Hermione sighed. "So, Ms. Granger, you stay here, and let me grab you some food. Would you like breakfast or lunch," she teased. Hermione laughed quietly. 

"Actually, breakfast sounds really good," Hermione murmured. Madam Pomfrey laughed and nodded.

"Coming right up." As Madam Pomfrey left. Hermione covered her face. She had dreaded the day when something like this would happen. The day that she would be forced to tell the truth. Maybe she could lie her way out. Or just refuse to tell the truth. Hermione sighed loudly. Both options seemed rather terrible. Hermione ran through the rest of the options in her head, though there weren't very many to run through. Suddenly, Hermione was broken out of her reverie by the doors opening loudly. Knowing Madam Pomfrey was back, she kept her head in her hands. Maybe she would leave if Hermione didn't move. However, Hermione was startled by a loud voice.

"Hey, Granger. What are you doing?" 

Author's Note

Oof, sorry for cutting it off right there. It's not really a cliffhanger, though I suppose it could be considered one. But I had to end it there because I was actually going to make it longer, but it ended up being way too long. I had so much planned for this chapter, and I can't give it away all at once, now can I? Lol sorry. Anyways, as I've mentioned, there will be no update this Sunday. My next update will most likely be next Sunday, the 28th. Thanks for y'alls patience with me lol. I know I'm a pretty lousy author. Kiss Kiss!