Our Little Secret

Hermione watched in amazement as Pansy made her way across the land, unnoticed. Pansy looked as if she sneaked around all of the time. Hermione snickered to herself. Now knowing Pansy, she probably did. 

          As Pansy started nearing the Quidditch pitch, Hermione started walking. She walked for a while before spotting Ron. After checking that Pansy was almost impossible to spot with the naked eye, she waved to catch his attention. 

          "Ron! Over here!" Hermione yelled in an attempt for him to see her. 

          "Hermione! Took you long enough, eh?" Ron yelled back at her. Hermione laughed. 

          "So," Hermione said when she was in a close enough distance to him. "What did you want to talk about?" 

           "Well, I was just going to say," He paused for a moment. "Can you forgive me?" Hermione gasped. She was definitely caught off guard by that. 

          "For what?" Hermione asked, as if she didn't already know.

          "I've been acting like a down right git." 

          'You got that right,' Hermione thought to herself. But instead of saying something rude, she simply nodded and let him continue. After all, her parents had always taught her that if she didn't have something nice to say, she shouldn't say anything at all.

          "I've been so cold and distant. I honestly hadn't even realized that I'd been mean to you and Harry. I'm so sorry. Can you please forgive me?" 

           Hermione pretended to think for a moment.

          "I'm not sure..." Ron's face fell. "Just kidding! Of course I can forgive you," Hermione exclaimed. Ron's face lit up. "I'm so relieved! I honestly thought that you were going to break up with me." Ron arched a brow.

           "Break up with you? 'Mione, why would I ever do that? If anyone was going to break up this relationship, it would definitely be you." Hermione laughed. Ron checked his watch.

          "Well, I'd better go. Wouldn't want to be late," Ron muttered. Hermione laughed again.

          "Since when have you started caring about being on time?" Ron laughed too.

          "I don't know? I guess you really are rubbing off on me. But just so you know, if I start liking books, slap me." Hermione and Ron both chuckled. 

          "Well, see you around," Ron said as he turned away. "Oh! And Hermione," Ron added. Hermione nodded. "Next time, hide your friend better. And, let's try to keep this meeting our little secret. Bye!" Ron winked and strode away. Hermione shivered. Something about that last comment just made her feel uneasy. And how in the hell could he have spotted Pansy? 

          Hermione walked over to where Pansy was hiding. 

          "So? What's the gossip?" Pansy asked eagerly. 

          "No gossip," Hermione laughed. "He just apologized. And, he spotted you." Pansy raised an eyebrow. 

          "No way. I'm unspottable," Pansy said with pride. 

          "Apparently not to him." Pansy rolled her eyes. 

          "But something that he said just made me a little-" Hermione paused, wondering if she should tell Pansy. Now that she thought about it, it seemed much less important.