Chapter 1

Your POV
- -
If all our life is but a dream
Fantastic posing greed
Then we should feed our jewelry to the sea
For diamonds do appear to be
Just like broken glass to me.

You groan as you shut off your alarm and roll out of bed. It was 9 in the morning and you needed to get up before you ended up sleeping all day.

You sit up leaving the warmth of the bed, and reach for your phone only to see you've had 3 missed calls and 14 unread messages from Josh.

Josh is your best friend, you've known each other since birth. Your moms were best friends, and got pregnant at the same time, so you and Josh have birthdays close together.

You call him back as you get up and walk out of your room. You wander into the kitchen, searching the cabinets for food.

He picks up on the 3rd ring.

"(Y/n)!!!!" He shouted into the phone.

"Good morning to you," you say still trying to wake up.

"I need you to get dressed and ready in 30 minutes." He says back excitedly.

"What? Why?" You questioned him.

"Because I want you to meet my bandmate Tyler, who is also a good friend of mine." He says back.

"Ughhhhh," you groan into the phone. "I'll be ready." You say giving in.

"Perfect! See ya soon! Bye." He says hanging up.

You walk to the shower and start the water. You grab a towel and set it to the side as you step into the shower, under the warm welcoming water.

~ Small Time Skip ~

You turn off the water and step out of the shower. You dry your body and wrap your hair in a towel. You slip on your underwear and bra.

You head towards your closet and open the doors. Running your hands through the clothes you decided on a pair of nice black skinny jeans with a few casual rips, along with a grey shirt.

You straighten your (h/l) (h/c) hair and do your makeup. You slip on your converse just in time for Josh to show up.

You hear a knock on your door. You grab your phone and wallet on your way out.

"Jishwa!" You shout as you hug him.

"(Y/n/n)!" Josh shouted back as he hugged you.

"I've missed my best friend." You say as you both climb into his car.

"Same." He says back while buckling his seatbelt. You do the same as you listen to Josh.

"Tyler is at a Cafe waiting for us to meet him there." Josh said.

"Ok," You say back as you lean your head on the window and listen to the music. "Josh." You say sitting back up.

"Yes (y/n)?" He questioned, but kept his eyes on the road.

"I call aux!" You shout as you reach for the cord.

"(Y/N) That's not fair!" He says back crossing his arms over his chest. You stick your tongue out at him, and remind him that the light has turned green.

Josh pulled into a parking lot of a small cafe. You get out of the car and Josh does the same.

"Why thank you Josh." You say as you walk in.

"No problem." He said following you in to the cafe.

Josh walked to a table. You had switched roles, you were now following him.

Josh sat by Tyler and you sat by yourself on one side of the booth.

"Hey Tyler," Josh said giving him a hug. "This is (Y/n)." He said pointing to you.

You smile and sit down. Josh went to get you both drinks of your preferred beverage. (I'm trying ok 😂)

"So," Tyler began breaking the silence. "I'm Tyler." He said putting his hand out.

"I'm (y/n)." You say back and shake his hand.

Josh's friend was highly attractive. You smiled at him and he smiled back.

"One drink for you." Josh said handing you the drink.

"Thanks Josh." You say to him as you take a sip of the drink.

"So what's poppin." Josh said.

You cringed at Josh. "Josh never say that again," you say to him while laughing.

He simply winked at you and laughed. You roll your eyes as you felt your phone vibrate.

Your heart began to race as you read the message.

Mommy 💙: Your sister was in a severe car crash with her boyfriend. She's in the hospital.

You showed Josh the message. Your sister meant everything to you, and meant just as much to Josh.

"Tyler we're gonna go on a little trip to the hospital." Josh told Tyler as you all stood up.

"Why? What happened?" He asks.

"I'll explain in the car." You say as you all head towards Josh's car.

"Ok so basically," you began while buckling your seatbelt. "My sister and her boyfriend got in a car accident and it's apparently really severe." You say.

"Oh I'm sorry," Tyler said. "How old is she?"

"14 and her boyfriend is 17, my mom doesn't know he 17, she thinks he's 16 which still isn't any better."

"Why did she let your sister go somewhere with him?" Josh asked.

"She probably snuck out." You say rolling your eyes.

Josh pulled into the hospital parking lot. You get out and run inside. Josh and Tyler right behind you.

You see your mom and immediately run towards her.

"Is she ok?" You asked her.

"From what I've heard yes, she will be fine. Just a broken leg and that's all." She says.

You sigh of relief and turn away. "Well if it isn't Josh." You hear your mom say.

You look at Tyler and he's on his phone.

"I'm sorry about today." You say to him.

"Don't be I know how this feels." He says back with a reassuring smile.

"It was nice meeting you though, we all need to hang out again and it needs to be sometime soon." You say laughing.

"Definitely." He says back.

"Hey I'm gonna take you guys home." Josh said.

"Ok." You both say.

You hug your mom and kiss her goodbye. "See you again soon honey." She says as you walk away.

- time Skip -

You wave Josh goodbye as he leaves your driveway.

You walk to your room stripping of your clothes and slipping on pajamas. You wipe off your makeup and put your phone on the charger.

You immediately fall asleep.
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

OMFG IM SO EXCITED AND THIS WAS THE FIRST CHAPTER AND AHHHHHHHHHHH OK OK BYE

1091 words
2/18/18

// Much love, Ry 💖\\