Chapter 15

Your POV
- -

"Dad?" You whispered.

"Surprise!" They all shouted.  You covered your mouth in shock, and pulled your dad into a hug.

"Tyler! You knew about this?" You said turning to face him.

"Of course, me, your mom, and sister all planned it out when we were on the trip!" Tyler said walking up to you.

You smiled brightly and pulled him and your sister into a hug. "Ah, thank you guys so much!" You said happily.

You turned towards your dad and he pulled you into another hug. You gladly accepted it. Just then Josh walked in ... with Debby.

Whata way to ruin my day

You cleaned the thoughts from your mind and grabbed your dads attention.

"Dad! Do you want anything to drink?" You asked him.

"No I'm good, thanks!" He said sitting down. You sat down beside him.

"Hi Mr. (Y/l/n)!" Josh said.

"Well if it isn't Josh!" Your Dad said smiling. Josh smiled back.

"I've got some hamburgers ready to be grilled, Debby and I are gonna take care of those!" Josh said grabbing her hand and taking her to the back.

"I already spent time some time with Dad, you guys can talk." Tessa said before walking off to play with Izzy.

"So Dad," You began. "If you didn't already know, this is Tyler, my boyfriend." You said pointing to Ty who was now sitting beside you.

Tyler waved and your dad smiled.

"So what have you been up to Dad? It's been almost 8 years since I've seen you." You said.

"Pretty good, I have a good job, I remarried and I now have a stepdaughter." He said smiling.

"Wait what?" You said.

He had a wife now?

"Yep." He said smiling. You simply nervously smiled back and nodded your head.

"So Mr. (Y/l/n), I have a serious question." Tyler said sitting up straight.

"Please, call me Roy, and of course. What is it?" Your Dad said listening.

"Do you approve of me dating your daughter?" Tyler asked.

"Well of course! This is the most I've talked to you except over the phone and I very much approve! I mean look at you, just treat my baby right and we should be fine!" Your Dad said. Tyler took in a breath.

"Ok good, now I have one more question," Tyler said nervously. "Ok," your dad said back.

"Do I have permission to marry your daughter?" Tyler said.

Your eyes widened.

Tyler wants to marry me? This is amazing! But isn't it a little early?

"Of course, but isn't it a little early?" Your Dad asked, as if he had read your mind.

You both looked at Ty. "Yes, I understand that, but if someday I want to get down on one knee and ask this beautiful woman to be in my life forever, I might as well get the blessing when I can." Tyler said looking at you.

You smiled and blushed. "Who wants hamburgers?" You hear Josh shout.

"I know I do!" Your Dad said standing up.

You leaned in and kissed Tyler roughly.

"My god I love you." You said smiling.

"I love you more princess."
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

536 words
4/17/18

     // much love, Ry 💖 \\