Part 9

When Jungkook got back home on Sunday, he had lots of questions for his dad about the woman that he went to France with. But he was answer vaguely.

The only thing his dad told him was that she was a nice lady and that Jungkook would really like her. Of course, stubborn Jungkook was not please with that answer alone. He continued to try and pry information out, but his dad wouldn't say any more.

Monday

It was before school, while Jungkook was waiting for Jimin's mom who was going to take him to school, he sat at the table and talk with his dad.

JK: "If you are not going to tell me anything about her...when do I get to meet her? So I can see what she is like myself."

Dad: "Soon Jungkook."

JK: "How soon? A week? A month?"

Dad: "We haven't decided about a time yet."

JK: "I don't understand why you are not telling me anything about her. If you really like her..."

Dad: "Because I do not want to get your hopes up in case something doesn't go as planned."

JK: "Trust me. I'm not going to get my hopes up." He rolled his eyes.

Dad: "Hey. Don't roll your eyes at me."

JK: "...sorry." Jungkook looked over at a picture of his mom that was hanging on the wall.

His dad place his hand on Jungkook's shoulder ~ "I know it is weird to see me with another woman Jungkook. But I promise....no one can ever replace your mother."

JK: "You say that but that is exactly what she is...a replacement."

Dad: "No she is not." He rubbed JK's shoulder. "I'm not just doing this for me. I'm doing this for you too...it is about time you have a mother figure in your life again."

JK: "...what if she doesn't like me?"

Dad: "How can anyone not like you? You are a respectful and nice boy."

Jungkook thinking: "Yeah...try telling Kim Taehyung that."

JK: "I just hear about step moms who hate their step kids a lot.."

Dad: "Trust me. She won't hate you."

JK: "But how can you be sure?"

Dad: "I'm not going to bring anyone into our lives that doesn't like you, ok?"

By this time, a car was heard pulling up. Jungkook got out of the chair and grab his bag ~ "Well they're here.."

Dad: "Have a good day. And don't worry about meeting her ok? Leave the worrying to me."

JK: "Ok...see you." Jungkook waved and went outside to the car. When he got in, Jimin and his mom greeted him.

JM: "Kookie! I miss you!" He gave JK a tight side hug.

JK: "It has only been 2 days." He chuckled.

JM: "Yeah but...you didn't text me." He gave JK a over exaggerate angry look.

JK: "I'm sorry. I just have a lot of things on my mind is all."

JM: "Apparently I was not one of those things." He poked Jungkook's arm.

JK: "Can you ever forgive me?"

Jimin's mad look turned into a soft one ~ "Of course I can. I can't stay mad at you forever...so what has been on your mind?"

As Jimin's mom drove them to school, Jungkook explain the ordeal with how his dad was not telling him anything about the woman.

JK: "Not knowing how she is is so much worse than knowing."