Part 30

Hojin honks the car horn, interrupting Jungkook's flashback. He sighs, not wanting to leave but he figuring it would be for the best, since the longer he stayed in the now empty house, the sadder he became.

Jungkook hurries downstairs, taking one last look at the living room before he stepped outside. After closing and locking the door, he jogs over to the car and gets inside.

HJ: "Did you forget something? You took an awfully long time."

While handing Hojin the car keys, he says, "I just wanted to double check.." He slumped back into the seat.

Hearing Jungkook sigh, Hojin looks through the rear view mirror to him who was sitting in the back along with Taehyung, says, "I hope you're not still mad at me Jungkook."

Jungkook looks up towards the mirror, says, "I wasn't really mad...I was just upset. I'm sorry for saying those things last night."

HJ: "You could have said a lot worse...and honestly I wouldn't have blamed you." He starts the car, pulls out of the driveway and says, "I was thinking about it last night, and I realized Jina and I probably could have done things a lot better."

Tae: "...probably?"

HJ: "Ok, we definitely could have done things a lot better. But we just were so caught up in our feelings for each other that we didn't really think too much about the most important thing... your feelings."

JK: "It's...ok."

Tae: "No it isn't Jungkook."

Jungkook looks over at him, Tae says not even care that Hojin was right there, "I mean, I accept it now. But still, they're our parents. All of us should have sat down and talked about it...but they completely went behind our backs and decided to just bring it up to us one random day. Yes we were stupid for not really saying anything, but at the end of the day, they're the parents and they should have realized this. "

Jungkook listen closely to what Taehyung had to say. He usually would have stopped him from saying something like that in front of Hojin, but he knew there wasn't anything he could disagree with. It was all true.

HJ: "I am really sorry if we caused you two stress. I know there isn't anything we can do to fix it, but I have a strong feeling we will all get along and be a happy family." He continues to say, trying to lighten up things, "I mean, aren't you two at least excited that you are going to be living together for at least a couple years before you move out on your own? It's going to be fun! You guys are basically going to be brothers, and having a brother can be a great thing."

Jungkook and Tae cringe after hearing the word,"brother." They say simultaneously, "STEP!"

HJ: "I know you two won't be real brothers, but we can at least pretending right?"

Jungkook says without hesitation, "How about no!"

Tae: "Step brothers and brothers aren't the same. Don't pair us into the same category...please."

Hojin with a confused expression, glanced back at them through the mirror, says, "Why are you two so against the whole "brother" concept? "

Jungkook and Tae glanced over at each other then quickly redirect their focus somewhere else. Jungkook mumbles, "It's creepy.."

Hojin didn't understand what Jungkook meant by it,, but he dismiss it and focused back on the road. Meanwhile for the rest of the ride, Jungkook and Tae were sitting quietly in the back seat, feeling a bit awkward.
...

When they arrived at the house, Taehyung and Hojin stepped out of the car, but Jungkook stayed sitting inside. Taehyung noticed and peeked into the car, he says, "You're not going to sit in here forever are you?"