Part 29

A/n: Sorry if you got two notifications. Accidentally unpublished.
-
11pm

JK: "Sorry for ruining your night with that out-of-nowhere meltdown."

Jae: "You don't have to be sorry, it happens. And it seems like you were on the verge of it from everything you told me tonight. I would too if my dad threw at me he was getting married AND moving all at once with no warning. "

JK: "I think he's just so desperate to have a "normal" life again, so that's the reason why he is rush things. Though living with Jina, and Taehyung especially, will never be normal."

Jae: "I know I was younger when I seen Hojin last, but I never remembered him to be so...uncaring."

JK: "What do you mean?"

Jae: "He didn't care about getting your side of things, he just did it. Didn't ask you if you were ok with moving, the marriage...hell getting married on your birthday? What the hell was he thinking?"

Jungkook shrugged his shoulders, says, "Desperate to get everything done as quick as possible I guess. I do wish I would have told him how I felt, but I was so worried about getting in the way of his happiness."

Jae: "Your niceness is going to bite you in the ass someday."

Jungkook says through a chuckle, "It already has."

*Ring*

Jungkook look down at his phone, says, "Speaking of my dad..." He looks at the time and jumps up, says, "Shit! I have to go. I didn't realize what time it was."

Jae: "I'll walk you home."

...

When Jungkook and Jae arrived at Jungkook's, the two gave each other a hug and said goodbye. After Jae walked off, Jungkook let out a sigh and unlock/opened the front door. When he walked in, an angry Hojin was standing with his arms crossed in the middle of the living room.

HJ: "Jeon Jungkook! Where were you and why didn't you answer my call??"

JK: "Sorry dad. I was out with a friend and I guess I didn't notice your call."

HJ: "You know how much I worry about you. The first thing you should have done was to call me and tell me you were leaving. And then to not even answer your phone??"

JK: "To be fair, I'm basically 17 now...I shouldn't have to tell you everything I am doing."

HJ: "A mature 17 year old would have told their father where they were going. Especially if they are going to be out late."

JK: "It's only 11:30. You act like I didn't come home until 3:00am."

HJ: "It wouldn't have mattered if you came home at 8, I still would have been mad. You're supposed to tell me."

Jungkook groaned, says, "Well, nothing happened to me ok?"

HJ: "Maybe not this time."

JK: "You worry too much. Like I've said before, nothing is going to happen to me."

Hojin dropped his arms to the sides, says, "Yeah well...that's what your mother said before she left that night."

The two stood there in silence for several seconds before Jungkook says, "You didn't have to bring her into this." As Jungkook was walking towards the stairs, Hojin says, "Apparently I did because you seem to think nothing can possible happen to you."

Jungkook stopped midway up the stairs, says, "What's going to happen then? I'm gonna get robbed? Kidnapped? Believe me, if anyone tried rob me they would quickly find out I have nothing to offer them. And as for kidnapping...really? Who would kidnap me?"