Do you mind?

published 10/8/18

This story has been up for about...9 months now..? And I've held my tongue the majority of that 9 months, but to be blunt, my patience has now ran out out the door and is now forever lost.

Every day I see the same irritating comments, to the point I don't even have to look at the part to know what passage you're commenting on because I've seen it so. damn. much. And no, I'm not talking about the neutral/pleasant/goofy/story reaction comments (I still love those to bits, of course!) - I'm talking about the rude as SHIT ones.

You do realize I spent a lot of time on this story, correct? And you do realize this was only my SECOND fanfiction i've ever written (with, like, little experience with fics before) correct???

You probably didn't, because if you did, I'd like to think you (the people who left rude comments) wouldn't have been so rude to me. But there, now you do.

I'm tired of being one of those authors who are afraid to say anything in fear it may upset their readers, because, just as much as you have YOUR "opinions", I do too.

And so, I'd like to say a few things to anyone who may still be reading, or any new readers who might ever come to a point where they are thinking about commenting one of the three things below, or have already done so. (I know a lot of the particular readers I am talking about are long gone, but still.)

Read it, or don't. But I'm going to do it anyways because I need to get this out.

Oh, and one last thing - there's a big difference between having an opinion, and being flat out rude. Also, I understand this part is set after the last one and you maybe have already commented this particular something. But, I forgive you.

*****SPOILERS FOR PART 11***** (go read part 11 first if you are reading this when I published, and haven't reached that part yet.)
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*
*

case in point #1 - "Incest" comments.

I'm a pretty laid back person. I don't get genuinely mad at much, but these? I've gotten several and boy let me tell you, they make my blood boil.

Why did I add the possibility of Jungkook and Taehyung being step-brothers if I didn't want to be told that it was incestuous (which apparently, is a debate), you might ask?

BECAUSE I DIDN'T KNOW!

Yeah, I see NOW. But when I started this, I really didn't think that some people honestly thought it would be incest if Jungkook and Taehyung got together, if and when their parents married.

why didn't I think that? why didn't it cross my mind at least once?

because, since when is it incest when two people who aren't related, fuck?

"But they are related! Their parents are going to get together!"

No. They aren't. They're aren't related and never will be. A piece of paper does not magically turn two people into blood siblings, obviously. And related by law is NOT the same thing.

 And related by law is NOT the same thing