sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ɴɪɴᴇ

"who the fuck are you?!" I heard Tahj yell causing me to wake up

I shot out of my bed and ran out of my room to see Tahj hovering over Zion with a knife to his neck. I didn't know whether to laugh or help.

"woah chill..." Zion said putting his hands up in surrender while laying down on the couch under him

"he's with me" I said causing them both to turn to look at me

Tahj looked back down at him then got off of him. I walked over to Zion and helped him sit up. Judging by the face he made he had a serious hangover. I wouldn't expect any other result from a person who drunk that much last night.

I stood up and went to the kitchen to grab some aspirin and a water bottle for him.

"take these and go to my room. it's the one on the left. my towel is hanging behind the door...go take a shower. there should be a pack of toothbrushes in the sink cabinet, take one" I said to him

He nodded then stood up to do as I said.

"I didn't hear you come in last night" Tahj said once he was gone

"you were asleep..."

"Adonis what is our number one rule?" He whispered

"I know...I know. but I couldn't bring him back to campus. the security would've noticed he was wasted and would report it. he would lose his scholarship and possibly his job on campus"

"hmm let's see, let a complete stranger lose his scholarship or Taye finding us and you possibly dying...again. you know maybe you're right, his scholarship is way more important than your life" He said sarcastically

Tahj was pissing me off right now but he wasn't wrong. When we moved here we set rules, no stranger was allowed in here. Whenever we even order food we have to meet the delivery person downstairs just so they don't know exactly which apartment we live in.

I guess he feels responsible to look after me since he's the oldest and legally is my brother. but I'm older now and can take care of myself.

"do you like him?" He asked

"no...I can't"

"good. you deserve to be happy more than anyone, but right now you can't afford it. I said get dick, not a relationship. I know I sound bossy and shit but I'm only looking out for you. you can't trust anyone"

It's funny he said that because seconds later this random dude walked into the living room from Tahj's bedroom, shirtless and smiling.