sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ғᴏʀᴛʏ

"you alright?" Dillon asked as we turned the corner

He dragged me out of the apartment to take a walk—hoping it would cool me down.

"sure"

"you can't be mad at him, he's only tryna help"

"I'm not mad at him. I'm mad that he's actually believing the bullshit Dylan is saying"

"Adonis he's not lying"

"not you too" I rolled my eyes

"he's not. when I was younger Dylan was my best friend, only he went by Joshua—his real name. Joshua and I were mad close, until you know I got a little popular and kinda left him on the sidelines. which is besides the point. me being his best friend I'd obviously been to his house before. and I didn't realize it at first but pictures of Shemar—your father—were hanging all around. so unless you wanna tell me that the nigga has been plotting ever since we was like 11 or 12 beating our lil dicks together, what he's saying is the truth"

"but it's not my truth. he and I are not brothers, end of discussion. now let's talk about us"

"Imma leave it at this..." He began causing me to groan since he was doing the exact opposite of what I asked

"this doesn't change shit, Tahj is more of a brother to you than Dylan will ever be. and I'm not gonna defend his actions either...but you guys are related. you can try to deny it all you want but deep down I know you know the truth. don't think that because y'all share blood you're destined to be like him. 'cos that would imply Damien and I are alike too which in that case we wouldn't be standing here together right now would we?"

"it's not the fact that I feel I'll act like him, obviously not. it's the fact that someone could do all the shit he's done to me...to his own blood. that's not right. that's not possible, I don't care what the reason is or the outcome that was supposed to follow"

"and like Tahj said he's not perfect...family is not perfect. not making excuses for him, what he did was wrong. and I'm also not telling you to accept him...just want to you accept the truth. now back to us"

"did he hold you captive too? I mean he showed me pictures of you but it was never clear. I thought he was just using someone else tryna fool me into thinking it was you"

"yeah he did. for a couple of months. then he made a deal with me, I had to choose. either I leave and never turn back, never contact anyone since they all thought I was dead. or I could choose to stay and go back to my old life"