sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ɴɪɴᴇ

"what was the name of that restaurant again? that barbecue chicken was mouth watering" Zion asked as we walked off the elevator

"Tahj and I used to eat there all the time when we first moved here. I dunno you'll have to ask him, I always forget the name. it's some complicated shit"

We walked down the hall to my apartment—well Tahj's since I don't really be there anymore. I reached into my pocket and pulled out my set of keys. It took me twice searching through them till I realized I had them on a different key chain. So I rung the bell instead.

"I hope this isn't any Dylan related shit" Zion whispered

On cue Tahj opened the door wearing a shirt and briefs—the usual.

"finally, we've been waiting" He said opening it wide enough for us to walk in

"you ever wear pants? at this point I've seen your dick more than my own" I said

"I'm home I don't need to wear pants"

"anyways why're here? and who's we?" I asked

"I'll start with the good news first. Zion was telling me the other day how upset you were when Cairo died. that shit was really...messed up and I know you must feel like shit. as your 'big brother' I didn't want my baby bro hurt. I was thinking about all the people you lost over the past years, your mom, Dillon, yourself, even your dad"

"yeah?"

"as I was thinking about all that I began to think, you and Dillon 'died' the same night, yet you're here and he's not. I was curious about that. so I called Dylan's burner cell he gave me for one time use—I'll talk about that later. We talked and he gave me the information I needed and at the end I asked him about Dillon"

I decided to sit down not knowing where this was going. well I kinda had an idea but I knew it wasn't possible so I dismissed it.

"the answers he gave me were...well—"

He walked away down the hall mid-sentence leaving me and Zion equally confused. what answers did he get?

"Adonis there's someone who would like to meet you...again"

I heard him say from down the hall. I could hear his footsteps getting closer indicating that he was walking back but this time there were multiple footsteps.

I turned my head in his direction once he became visible again and someone right behind him. He stepped to the side so I could see what he was talking about.

My jaw instantly fell down and my eyes stared for what felt like hours. I rubbed my eyes to make sure what I was seeing was real. Behind him was a ghost. Behind him was one of my first loves. Behind him was Dillon.

"The name's Dillon, but you can call my papí" He said winking at me

The exact words he said when we first met, I'll never forget.