sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴇɴ

"okay class that is all time we have for today, you have an assignment due next Monday as well as a chapter to read" Professor Matthews said

Everyone started to pack up and head out. I grabbed my book and went down the stairs and to his desk.

"Professor" I said getting his attention

"Yes Mr..."

"Pryce. Amari Pryce"

"Mr. Pryce, how can I help you?" He asked while taking a seat on his desk

"umm for the textbook, you said we need an edition 8 but I was able to find an edition 5 for much cheaper and the only difference is relocation of some chapters. is it okay if I use that?"

He stared at me and began to smile.

"I'm probably supposed to tell you no and that edition 8 is the only one allowed. but the decision is up to you, as long as the information is there I don't see why not" He said

"Thanks" I said before turning to leave

Since yesterday was Labor day and the school was closed, today is on a Monday schedule. So I lost my Tuesday off but I guess yesterday made up for it.

I walked out of the lecture hall and met Jaden outside who had just gotten out his class too. Now we just have to wait for Cairo then we'll go get lunch. That's kinda the routine now.

"Hey" I said as I met up with him

"I'm surprised you're not going somewhere with your boyfriend. I came over Sunday to hang out with you but your roommate said he hadn't seen you all weekend and that you were with Zion"

"yeah we were at my place over the weekend. we were supposed to come home Saturday night but ended up staying till yesterday. and I know, I'm sorry but today is friends day. no Zion, I promise"

"yeah sure" He said

"I never got the chance to ask, I just assumed you'd be okay with it, but you don't mind that we're hanging out right?"

"Mari, trust me I could care less. He was a fling and nothing more. I was more than okay with our arrangement, there's no hard feelings between us. I don't know what I can say for you to believe me but I really don't mind at all, I'm onto new things now"

"okay. just making sure"

"I get your concern though. don't worry, I'm just as much as a hoe as he is"