sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

"put this on it" Dylan said while handing a homemade ice pack to Zion

"stop deflecting and say what you're here to say so we can call the cops already" Tahj said while pacing

"you guys want him here?" Dylan asked pointing to Zion

"just talk. you can start by how you found us"

"I put a tracker in you" He said nonchalantly

"I'm sorry a what?" I asked

"I knew it!" Tahj silently cheered

"a tracker. you didn't think I would've just let you go without any way of finding you right? it's in the back of your head, you should've felt it by now. every time you get scared or nervous you'll feel a slight pain. it notifies me in case something might be happening to you"

that's what that was?

"and you're telling me knowing I'll get it removed the second you leave?" I asked

"yeah. no more secrets, plus you'll die if you try to take it out. I set it so that the second a deep cut is made in that region and the tracker is touched by anything other than muscle or nerves it'll release a toxin in your brain and you'll die almost instantly"

"you're bluffing. for some reason you won't kill me"

"you're right, I won't kill you because you love your life too much to find out. but I'm not bluffing, go ahead and try but your death won't be on my hands"

"why're you here Dylan?"

"oh I've retired that name. my name is Joshua. no more aliases, no more lies"

"no more lies about what? forget it just tell us why you're here"

I wasn't paying attention to Zion but no doubt he's very confused about what's going on right now.

"I can explain, let me explain. I'm not here for forgiveness or even to apologize. I'm here to let you know why, and why I have to do what's next"

"go on I'm listening to whatever lie you're about to spit"

"remember the night I—killed you? I told you I killed Dillon because of popularity or some shit. well obviously that was a lie. we grew up together, that part was true. we were best friends until middle school. I had begun to wonder where my father was and so I asked my mom a lot of questions about him. she told me he was dead and so that's what I had believed growing up my whole life, just like you did, but one day I overheard her talking to someone. my dad. He wasn't dead like she'd said. she kept ranting about how she couldn't believe he was framed by his best friend and how he's sitting high up while my dad rots. so I did some digging

"here's the part you're going to love. your dear Damien's father and your father were once partners in the FBI, but you know that. Damien's father wanted more but his resume wasn't that impressive. he had to spice up his resume. so he took advantage of one of the greatest terrorist attacks in the United States. I don't know if he was a part of it but when 9/11 happened he planted evidence on my father to make him look guilty of communicating with the terrorists. and of course he was there to bust him. bam he gets a job in the CIA, your father died on duty and mine went to prison for a crime he did not commit"