sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ ғᴏᴜʀ

"this is an arrangement in which no one branch of government can conduct its core business without the approval of the other branches" Zion read off his phone

"checks and balances, come on something a 4th grader wouldn't know please"

He's been helping me study for an exam I have in American National Government. Most of the questions he was asking were easy though, I'm not sure if it's because it's really easy or he's just terrible at finding questions.

"okay...an army of 1,500 farmers—whose farms had been taken by the courts—attempted to take over an armory in protest"

"Shay's rebellion of 1786 to '87"

"fine, a little harder I guess" He said scrolling all the way down "yeah this...the section of the Constitution in which Congress is given the power to regulate trade among the states and with foreign countries"

"that was supposed to be hard? Commerce Clause, next" I sang

"oh shit! It's time for me to go to work" He said standing from the bed

"why do you work anyways? it's not like you need the money" I asked while sitting up

"I won't say that I don't rely on royalty money because I do, but I try to earn my own money as well. plus it's part of my cover, and gives me something to do. The amount of money my father has paid Ms. Linda for looking after me—let's just say her great great great great grandchildren won't even have to work a day in their life. yet she still works in the cafeteria of a college making and serving food. if you ask her why she'll tell you that it's not about the money, she loves her job. I just don't want to sit on my ass all day you know?"

"makes sense. what time are you coming back?" I asked

"I have a tour from 12 to 1, then lunch break, then two tours—2 to 3 and 3:30 to 4:30" He explained while pulling on his jeans

"when are we gonna go look at the apartments?"

"well since we missed our day and the agent is busy, it's been rescheduled to next month. I could try and have it moved up but I figured after everything we should wait till—"

"yeah totally" I agreed

I stood up and slid on my slides and grabbed my textbook with my right hand. I've never actually had to think about which hand I'm gonna use for certain things until now, it's kind of frustrating.

"you're going, you're not gonna stay here?" He asked

"nah I'm paying for the dorms so I might as well live in it. well it's being paid for, not by me necessarily"