sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛᴡᴇɴᴛʏ ᴛʜʀᴇᴇ

"I can't believe it's already been two weeks

"I can't believe it's already been two weeks. I don't want you guys to go, do you really have to?" India asked with a pout

"unless you want us sleeping on the street then yes. we can't afford to stay in that apartment another day"

"yeah how did you guys afford it? isn't it like $100 a night or something?"

"yeah something like that. we were originally gonna just stay one week and then split the cost but then Emerson jumped in and paid it in full. He keeps trying to earn my forgiveness with money, but the thing is I have nothing to forgive him for. I understand he felt like there's more he should've done to warn me but it wasn't his responsibility to be honest with me, I don't see Damien putting that much effort to gain my forgiveness and that's fine with me, but if he doesn't care why should Emerson?"

"aww, that's normal. when someone close dies we all feel like there's something we could've done to prevent it. now that you're alive he somewhat feels guilty and wants to make it up to you. imagine your mom just resurrecting out of nowhere, you would practically worship her. anything she asked for you would give it to her, only to make her happy which will ease your guilt a bit. that's what's going on with him. but it's not gonna stop as long as Dylan is out there because he's a threat and Emerson feels like it's his fault he got to you, so now he has to do everything in his power to protect you from him"

"yeah you're right. I'm just so tired of this shit, I can't wait till it's all over so I can live a normal life" I sighed

"Adonis...you're literally wearing someone else's face, you're never gonna live a normal life" She laughed

"normal's overrated anyways" She added

My phone began to vibrate on the table. I looked down at it to see Zion calling.

"hello" I answered

"yeah we're outside" He said

"okay we're coming down now" I said then hung up

"they're here, let's go" I said while standing up and taking out my wallet to leave a $20 bill on the table

We walked downstairs into the café and out the building to see them parked right in front of the entrance. India and I joined Tahj in the back and then Clarence pulled off.

"you're going to bring the car back right?" He asked her

"yeah. just make sure to fill it up, they always make a big deal out of it"

"this trip was fun, thanks for inviting us" Tahj said

"well...I didn't invite you, Amari did. but still no problem" She smiled