sɪɴғᴜʟ ᴅᴇsɪʀᴇ | ᴄʜᴀᴘᴛᴇʀ ᴛʜɪʀᴛʏ sᴇᴠᴇɴ

"Cairo no

"Cairo no...I'm sorry no..."

"Please Cairo!"

"Adonis!" I heard causing me to jump up

I looked over to see Zion staring at me tiredly. The bedside lights were on showing his exhausted red eyes and the bags underneath them.

"what was it this time?" He asked

I sighed and rested back on the pillow staring up at the ceiling. It's been a week and some days since Cairo died and ever since I've been having nightmares. The most common one being him blaming me while laying there practically dead on the floor.

As his funeral got near which happens to be tomorrow—well today—the nightmares have escalated. It's gone from once a night to maybe at least 3 a night if I'm lucky. Because of that I've been sleeping over at Zion's the whole time not wanting to wake Andre up with this. not that I want to keep Zion up either, but having him near helps a little.

"It was at the burial. he crawled out of the ground and was a zombie basically. tried to kill me and blamed me for him being...dead"

"these are getting out of hand, you sure you don't want to talk to someone?" He asked while pulling me closer and wrapping his arms around me

"I'm talking to you"

"I meant a professional"

I rolled my eyes. We've been over this time and time again. I don't need a therapist to diagnosis me with feeling guilty. I know my feelings, it's just going to take some time for me to get back to normal.

"you sure it's a good idea for you to go to the funeral? last time didn't go so well with his mom, you probably won't feel welcomed"

"I'm going for Cairo, not his family. he was there for me when I needed saving, it's the least I can do—showing up for him"

"aight well try and get some sleep, we gotta be up in..." He turned to look at the alarm clock then sighed "...now"

On cue the alarm set for 5 am on both of our phones went off.

"guess we're sleeping on the plane" He sighed

1:27pm

"I'm positive everyone here wishes it were me in this casket today and not you...which is understandable. they're your family. anyways I just want to say thank you, not only for saving me but doing it when we weren't even on good terms. that shows the kind of moral character you had. my one regret is not being able to forgive you when you were actually here. I just pray that you somehow know that all is forgiven and I appreciate you so much" I said before kissing my two fingers and placing it on the casket