4. The Fiercest and The Fastest

Kion's P.O.V.:

I was sitting on the edge of Pride Rock, because I couldn't sleep

I was sitting on the edge of Pride Rock, because I couldn't sleep. I was thinking about Fuli. 

While all the lions were sleeping inside, including my family, I was staring at the stars above me, all those kings, who once ruled over the Pride Lands. I was looking at them with amazement, and I was thinking about Fuli.

She is so beautiful, so funny. She just charms me, and I know she doesn't love me the way I love her...

I was good at hiding. I was really good. All those times, when I  wanted to just go there and nuzzle her, hug her, let her know I love her, more than anything, all those times I held back.

I honestly don't know how I did it. But I did it.

And I wanted to tell her. I tried to tell her. Or at least I started, but I couldn't actually say it.

I am the most coward, fiercest animal, to step foot in the Pride Lands - I thought to myself.

I should just tell her. Actually, I am telling her tomorrow. The moment we can be alone, I am telling her.

Now I felt confident. I felt confident, like all the time, before not telling her the truth. When I was there, face to face with her, I just couldn't say the words.

You are a coward! - this is what my mind shouted, and I believed it. I knew it wasn't about to happen, I knew, I could get all the chances I possibly could, I still wouldn't tell her.

I felt this horrible pain, the pain of being helpless. I was about to cry, because I wanted to be with Fuli, I wanted her to love me, I wanted her here, next to me, I wanted to cuddle up with the gorgeus princess, she is.

I looked up at the sky, silently begging it to help. 

And then...

I saw this beautiful cheetah, approaching Pride Rock. The moon brightened up her fur, and she was glowing even brighter, than she usually did.

My heart started to go crazy in my chest, like it was begging me to free it, from the prison of my body. Like it wanted to get out, so it can fly towards the cheetah. 

It acted like this all the time, when I saw Fuli.

I ran down, to look at her, as she approached me. She was gorgeous in the moonlight.

- Hi, Kion! - Fuli greeted, with a shy smile on her face.

- Hi, Fuli!

I found it pretty weird. Why is she here, this late?

- Why aren't you home yet? - I asked her, but I really didn't mind she isn't.

- I am here, because I wanted to tell you something, and I couldn't hold on 'til tomorrow - she answered.

What could be so important?

- So, what is it? - I asked.

Fuli seemed to hesitate. 

- I... I have a confession Kion - she said, and I could hear the nervousness in her voice.

- Go ahead! - I encouraged her. - Anything you've done, I am sure, I can forgive you.

Fuli took a deep breath.

- It's not like that Kion.

What is it, then?

- Just spill it out, Fuli!

Fuli looked me in the eyes, with her green ones, and I thought to myself:

You are so beautiful!

- Kion, I love you!

It hit me. I had this instant burst of emotions, and it ran down my body. My heart started to go mad again, and I couldn't believe what she just said.

This isn't happening.

- You love me? - I asked in disbelief.

- I do - she answered.

- You mean, love me love me? 

- Yes, Kion, I have a crush on you.

Am I dreaming?

I couldn't speak.

- Quite a big one, actually. 

I felt so happy, like this was in a dream.

- I love you, too, Fuli, I love you so much!

Fuli started smiling. She couldn't believe, that this is happening, either, I could see it on her face.

- Really? - that was all she could ask.

- Really. I had a crush on you, since the first time we met, Fuli. I DO love you a lot.

She was speechless. Speechless, and happy. Just like me.

We were just looking at each other for a while, then I couldn't hold myself back. I stepped to her, and I nuzzled her under the chin. It was the best thing, I have ever done. She nuzzled back, then licked my face, and I almost roared, because I was happier, than ever. I heard her purring, and it was the most beautiful music, I ever listened to.

 I heard her purring, and it was the most beautiful music, I ever listened to

I was purring, too, and my whole body was aching, to get closer to Fuli.

I love you so much! - I thought.

Then she pulled away, to start looking at me, with love shining in her eyes.

- You want to sleep here, tonight? - I asked, while smiling. - I am sure, my dad won't mind.

- Thanks, but maybe we could sleep at my secret place, instead - she suggested, and she had a wide smile on her face.

- Sure - I said. - My dad won't be too mad, and since I usually wake up earlier, than him, maybe he won't even notice.

- Good - Fuli answered. - Follow me, then!

I did as she asked, and I still couldn't believe, that this is happening.