12. Brighter, than the stars

Kion's P.O.V.:

Fuli came right on time

Fuli came right on time. As the sun started to set, I saw her from the top of Pride Rock. 

There you are! - I thought, and I was impatient, even though she didn't come late.

I was really excited, like we were about to do something really fun. Actually, we were...

I sneaked back into the lair, and my dad and mom weren't paying attention, so I decided not to tell them, I am leaving, and ran down, to greet Fuli. 

She was gorgeous, as always, and her graceful movement left me frozen for a second. When she saw me, she smiled, and I smiled back at her, while her sight made my heart fill with love.

- My love! - I said, and I ran up to her, to nuzzle her face. As my nose touched her soft fur, I became even more impatient. She did the same, then greeted:

- My love!

- Let's go! - I whispered, and ran ahead. She ran after me, and we soon slowed down, to walk right next to each other.

I looked at her, and I didn't want to be too needy, so at first I asked:

- Should we go to Falls again?

- Well, we already have our secret cave there, plus it is quite romantic, isn't it? - she said, and rubbed against me.

- Thought so - I answered, as I rubbed my head against hers. - I was just thinking, maybe you got bored of it or something.

- As long as you are there with me, I won't get bored of it - she said, and we continued walking to Hakuna Matata Falls.

- I like to listen to the sounds of the night - I said, when we finally got there, and sat down next to each other. - It's just so peaceful.

- Same - Fuli said, as she leaned on me, with our heads touching.

Night came, and it was beatiful indeed, just like all of the nights in the Pride Lands. Maybe even more beautiful, since I was with the most gorgeous cheetah, I have ever seen.

Thank you! - I thought, and I didn't know who I thanked, maybe the kings above us, maybe something else, maybe Fuli, for confessing her feelings. But I surely was grateful, we are here together.

The kings shined brightly, the sounds of the smaller animals moving not too far away, the symphony of the crickets and the monotonous music of the waterfall was enchanting, as I sighed.

- Fuli - I then said. - If only you could know how much I love you! 

I looked her in the eyes. 

- I am so happy, my cheetah - I continued. - Thank you for being here for me!

She smiled, and I heard her purring as she licked my face. She giggled, before saying:

- I am happy, too, my lion. If someone should be thankful, then it is me.

For a minute I didn't say a word. I stared into her emerald green eyes, as the moonlight glinted on them.

You gorgeous cheetah! - I thought, and I felt the need of doing something again. The feeling made me impatient, made something move in my body. 

We then looked up at the stars again.

- Are you still jealous of the kings of the past? - Fuli asked while smiling.

I rolled my eyes.

- I never was jealous of them. I know they can't charm you as much as I do - I said, and I had an uppish smile on my face.

- Well, they still are pretty beautiful - she answred, as she looked up on the night sky.

- They still aren't as beautiful as you are, Fuli, because you shine even brighter, than the stars - I complimented, and I licked her face.

I looked at her in a way, that made her understand instantly. She let me pin her to the ground once again, as the need grew even bigger inside of me. I was aching to do it now.

I love you!

We purred, as we started it, and the waves of satisfaction ran down our bodies, as we expressed our love.