13. Either way

Fuli's P.O.V.:

I woke up earlier, than Kion

I woke up earlier, than Kion. After opening my eyes, it took me a few seconds to realise, that I am not in the cave. I was at the same exact spot, where we...

I was laying next to Kion, I rested my head on his chest. I looked at the lion prince, and my head slightly moved up and down, as he was breathing. It had a peaceful rythm to it, and I purred, as I dug my nose even deeper into his light brown fur, to inhale his wonderful scent.

It is such an awesome feeling - I thought, and I wanted to do it again. I loved Kion more, than anything, and I didn't wanna hide my feelings anymore in front of the others. 

We must tell them soon! - I thought to myself, because I wanted to show my love towards Kion every possible time I could. I didn't want our love to cause any trouble with our duty, as the members of The Lion Guard, but I couldn't just hold back, because others saw.

On the other hand...

What if King Simba and Queen Nala won't allow us to be together? - I thought worrying, because he would've been right in a way. We ARE a lion and a cheetah over all. Most probably the first couple like this ever... And if we stay together...

I thought about what being the queen is like a lot. Now, that there actually was a chance of that happening I was a bit scared. I really hoped, that me and Kion can stay together forever, and my love for him was way stronger, than my fear, but once King Simba and princess Kiara are...

We might even die, before that happens. Kion isn't too much younger, than Kiara. And Kiara can still have cubs.

Would I be a good queen, though?

I now realised, that my thoughts wondered off way too far, and I stopped thinking about things, like this. Then I decided to wake Kion up, because the sun already came up, and it was time for the Morning Patrol.

- Love! - I nuzzled his face, whispering. - My love!

Kion soon opened his eyes, to find me sitting next to him.

- It's time for the patrol - I reminded him, and he yawned, while he stood up.

- It is, isn't it? - he asked, and he licked my face, as a morning greeting.

- Okay - I said. - Let's just say it, that is the best thing I have ever done!

- Can't deny that, my cheetah - Kion laughed, then nuzzled me under the chin. I rubbed my body against his, and I purred, showing my affection and love.

- You know, Kion, I was thinking, and maybe it is time to tell the truth - I said, after smiling at him.

- Yeah, you are right - he gasphed. - The sooner, the better. And I also can't hide too much longer.

- Exactly - I nodded.

- Now let's go!

We started walking to Pride Rock shoulder to shoulder.

- So when will we tell them? - I asked.

Kion stood silent for a few seconds.

- Now could be a good chance to tell my dad and mom, and the guard, too, since they all will be by the lair - he answered.

They will be...

- Allright then - I said, and I could feel that he is worried, so I nuzzled his face, to make him feel better.

- I am sure he will allow us - I said, because I knew he was the most worried about King Simba, but we both also knew that this wasn't gonna change anything.

- This will be really sudden for him - Kion said. - Out of nowhere. His son and a cheetah...

He is right...

Kion's voice was confident, when he said:

- He can say: there isn't a way of this happening, he can also just allow it. But either way, I am staying with you 'til the Pride Lands end.

I looked deep in his eyes, and said:

- And I am with you 'til the Pride Lands end!