17. Sweetheart

Fuli's P.O.V.:

:

As the sun hid behind the border of the Pridelands, and gave the horizon a colorful glow of orange and yellow, me and Kion decided to go.

- Come on, sweetheart! - Kion pointed towards Pride Rock with his nose. - We gotta tell my parents.

Sweetheart.

I smiled at him, finding the new name cute.

The rest of the Lion Guard already went to the Lion Guard's lair, it was just us, staying not too far from Pride Rock, to talk alone, but it was time to go.

Me and Kion walked so close, I could touch his head with mine with a minimal movement of it. That's what I did, and he did the same for a few seconds.

Kion gasped, and looked at me with the look of the endless love burning within his heart.

- My gorgeous cheetah - he said. - We are finally allowed.

I nuzzled his cheek and answered:

- You are officially my loving mate.

I then licked his nose, making him purr, as he returned the gesture.

- I don't think I can express how much I love you - he said, with a slow blink.

- You can always try - I whispered with a soft, yet flirty voice, as I rubbed against his soft fur, nearly causing him to fall.

He giggled and gave me a flirty look in return.

- You know, I will do my best.

We didn't stop, to tell the guard about our absence tonight, instead we climbed higher to talk to Simba and Nala.

The lair was nearly full of the resting lionesses, but peeking in, I saw King Simba next to Queen Nala. He was talking to Princess Kiara, his daughter, Kion's sister, and my friend.

We once hunted together - I remembered, as I looked at the lion cub with the creamish-brown fur.

- Stay here! - Kion ordered. - I'll quickly tell them, and we can go - with that he left, to tell his parents, he is going away with a cheetah for the night.

After a minute, he was back, and we could go to our secret cave.

- Let's go! - he pointed the way with his head, and I followed him down the rocky path.

As the sun dissapeared, and the kings filled the sky up with their bright silver glow, we finally reached Hakuna Matata Falls.

- Here we are - Kion gasped.

- Here we are - I answered, looking straight in my mate's eyes. He stared back at me, his look made shivers run down my spine.

We walked closer to the pond of the waterfall, the sound of the falling water got louder, as we slowly approached the water, glancing and smiling at each other time to time. We sat down next to each other, like we did all the time, getting more and more excited, as we stared up on the sky, because we knew what was ahead of us.

- Can you believe this? - Kion asked, as a gasp escaped his mouth. - Fuli, we are together, officially together, allowed by my parents! 

Thanks to you!

- You were the one to convince your father, not me, not anyone else  - I pointed out, as I gave him a grateful look. - You.

He smiled, and said:

- Of course I convinced him, Fuli! Do you know how many times I had trouble with sleeping because of you? How much pain I was in?

I have an idea, yes.

- I have been through those things, too - I said with a sad tone in my voice.

There was a little silence, before I continued.

- But we got through all that, and here I finally am, with the fiercest, most handsome, most loving, most caring lion, I have ever seen, and I don't regret a second of it - I shared my feelings with him, nearly out of breath in the end.

I could feel his heart melt, as he closed his eyes, and snuggled me. His soft fur brushing against mine, as we both purred.

I was happy. Fulfilled. Satisfacted. Excited...

He then nuzzled me under the chin and said:

- And here I finally am, with the fastest, most gorgeous, most charming, kindest cheetah I have ever seen, and I would do anything, to stay with her 'til the end!

A burst of emotions shot through my body, as I heard him talking. My face turned red, and my heart exploded in the hot flames of love.

I love you so much!

- My lion - I whispered.

- My cheetah - he whispered.

He started to lick my face, and I sat there, enjoying every moment of it, as I got even more excited.

He stopped, to lock eyes with me, sending a familiar message with his look. My heart started to beat faster, and I let him gently pin me to the ground once again.

- Oh, sweetheart! - he gasped, and my entire body was burning.

Sweetheart.

We both closed our eyes, purring as it begun, with a deep, greedy love burning inside, feeling fulfilled and satisfacted of every moment of it.

The night, that surrounded us was dark and romantic, an atmosphere, that was dark enough for nearly anything to hide in it, if it was aware.

Even a hyena...