9. A great job

Kion's P.O.V.:

I woke up in our secret cave, cuddling up with Fuli

I woke up in our secret cave, cuddling up with Fuli. It was a familiar situation, a sweet familiar one, that I was able to have any night I wanted now. The only difference was the fact, that it was nighttime.

The moonlight could shine inside through the opening of the cave, even though some tendrils were blocking the entrance, and I cuddled up even closer to Fuli, as I sniffed in the air, to smell her wonderful scent.

This was amazing! - I thought, and I could feel the sweet sensation again. It was a relief to do it, like I wanted to do it all the time.

I purred, as I remembered what happened, and I loved Fuli more, than ever. I felt love and peace, as I listened to her purring, and I felt like my life is complete. I felt like this cheetah laying with me was the key to my happiness. 

I am blessed with you, my princess - I looked at her, as she was sleeping, and I was thankful. Not long ago we only talked, and now...

I laid my head on hers, and I closed my eyes, to get some sleep. For a long time, all I could hear was her purring, and the crickets outside, as I got sleepier, and sleepier, surrounded by piece.

The next time I woke up, I couldn't feel Fuli. I suddenly opened my eyes, and jumped up, to look around.

Fuli was sitting near me, cleaning her paw. As she saw me get up, she said:

- Kion! You are awake - she then came closer, to rub against me, as a morning greeting.

- I am, my love - I answered, then I stretched, and let out a yawn.

The sun was shining outside the cave, and the air was warmer, too. Fuli started to clean herself again, and I went, to help her. 

I cleaned her head, by licking some dirt out of it, and I got a thankful lick on the face, as a return.

- Thanks, my lion! - she said gratefully, and nuzzled my cheek.

- You're welcome, my cheetah! - I answered, as I nuzzled hers, too.

After we got out of the cave, Fuli sighed, and said:

- It was amazing last night - she blushed, just like me.

- It was, indeed - I smiled. - I didn't know, it could feel so good.

Fuli gave me a shy smile.

- Yeah, me neither.

- So you did enjoy it, too, huh? - I asked. - I really hope, I didn't screw anything up - I said, and I felt myself blushing even harder.

- What? No way. You didn't screw up... I guess - she said, and she corrected herself. - You did a great job, I am sure.

- Good - I answered, and I couldn't help, but keep on smiling, and blushing. - You did a great job, too.

Then there was an awkward silence, but we both were smiling, because it was the best thing we have ever done in our lives, doesn't matter, if we did something wrong, or not. 

- So, how about going on patrol? - I finally broke the silence.

- Guess, we don't have a choice, do we? - she asked, and we started going, to meet up with the rest of The Lion Guard.

The Guard didn't notice the fact, that we came together on the patrol, or at least they didn't think too much of it.

We started patrolling, and I was walking next to Fuli, as close as possible, because I wanted to let her know, that I love her, even when we are on patrol.

When the others weren't paying attention, I smiled at her, and nuzzled her. I had to be fast, because I didn't want anyone noticing our relationship, just yet.

Most of the animals were fine, except for smaller problems, that could be solved just with me talking to the leader of the herd. 

This patrol seemed to be okay, too. We walked through the savannah, checking for problem, like every morning, and Fuli and I sometimes showed our love to each other, in subtle ways, like brushing against each other, while walking, or smiling at each other. Ono flew out, to check for trouble a little further away, Bunga and Beshte were talking about a new game, and they tried to teach me and Fuli the rules, but all I remembered was, that it contains running, and catching stuff. I couldn't focus too much, because last night was rolling down in my mind, and I started to feel, like I got to do it again. I was just about to ask Fuli, but then Ono suddenly came, shouting:

- Hapana! Kion, it's Janja, and the hyenas, with Reirei, and the jackals! They are attacking a herd of antelopes! 

- Havi Kabisa! - I shouted in worry. - Lion Guard, you know the drill. 'Til the Pride Lands end...!

- Lion Guard defend! - they all shouted, including Fuli, and I gave her a subtle nuzzle on the cheek once more, before running as first, leading the group.