8. An instinct

Fuli's P.O.V.:

The night was silent, but the peaceful music of the crickets, filled the air, as the kings lightened the Pride Lands up, with the assistance of the moon

So amazing! - I thought, looking up at the sky. When I was younger, I used to watch the stars all the time. They filled me with amazement, and they made me wonder about the secrets of the mysterious sea laying above us.

They still do - I sighed, and the quiet sound of the water pouring down behind me filled my ear, and made me sleepy.

Then I could hear a noise from the bush near me. I turned my head, to check out what it was, but I didn't see anyone, so I figured it might have been a small animal. I started staring at the stars again.

Eventually, I heard it again, but right after turning my head, I got pinned to the ground by a lion.

He playfully growled at me, then nuzzled my chin, and purred, as I laid on my back. I laughed, then I purred too, as he rubbed his head against mine.

- What took you so long? - I asked, while laughing, and I looked into his light brown glowing eyes.

- It didn't even take long - Kion said, and he smiled, as he looked in my green ones.

The moment after you left was already too long - I thought.

- How did you even get here?

- Oh, I am good at hunting, you know - he said with an uppish smile. - I sneaked in that bush, while you were staring at the kings of the past.

I laughed.

- Are they handsome? - Kion asked.

- They do look allright, but they don't stand a chance against you - I assured him.

- Good - he answered, and he started to lick my face. I absolutely loved it, when he did that. It was so satisfying. I felt this need of doing something...

All that was left of this world was Kion, and his love. After he stopped, I licked his nose, and pressed my head against his chin. That was how I tried to express my love, as I wanted to shout "I love you, I love you, more than anything!", as many times as I could've and even more times.

My prince, I love you! - I thought, and feeling the warmth of his body, close to mine drove me crazy.

- Fuli, you are the most gorgeous animal, I have ever seen - he said, and nuzzled me once again, before standing up.

I stood up, too, then rubbed against him, and I saw how satisfacted he was.

We sat down next to each other, and we looked up at the stars together.

- Amazing, isn't it? - Kion asked. - I look up there every night, but I can't get bored of it.

- Yeah, me neither - I said.

The night was so peaceful, the lullaby of the night's sounds made us drowsy.

I loved everything in Kion. His appearance, his style, his scent, his everything. I loved how fierce he was, I loved how gentle he was, and cuddling with him was like a dream.

You are the one for me, my lion! - I thought, and I was desperate.

- Kion - I started.

- Yes, my princess?

- I really love you, I actually love you more than anything. You are my fierce lion prince, and I want nothing, but to be with you. Because when I am next to you, that is when I am the happiest - I let it all out, as I rubbed against him. He purred in joy, and happyness, and I felt the unbreakable chain of love between us.

- I love you, too, my gorgeous cheetah princess - he said with a touched voice. - I want nothing, but us being together, forever - he then rubbed even harder against me, and I felt like this wasn't even close to showing how much I really do love him. He felt the same way, so he gently pinned me to the ground. His body was so close to mine, I could almost feel his heart going crazy.

He then looked me in the eyes, and said:

- Fuli, you wonderful, cheetah!

We both purred, and we didn't have to know how.

It was an instinct.