32. Love blossoms

Fuli's P.O.V.:

Breathing in the fresh, morning air, along with the lovely scent of Kion, I let another tear escape my eye. It wasn't a sad one though, not completely. It had a history behind it. At first, worry, sorrow and fear, but ultimately, happiness, relief and love formed this tear. And it originated from the deep, deep bottom of my love-filled heart.

I brushed through my mate's fur, my eyes watering with more emotion-rich tears of this kind. The action was so firm though, that I nearly made him trip again, and this caused the lion to release another series of giggles, just like it had multiple times already on our way to Pride Rock.

- What is it with you? - he finally broke out into a full-on laughter, trying to stay on his feet with all his power.

- I just want to be as close to you as I possibly can - I admitted, continuing to snuggle up to him as tightly as physics would let me, no matter the inconvenience this would cause both of us.

The lion wasn't about to complain though, judging from the widening smile on his scarred, yet charming face.

- I... would like to say that is weird - he finally stated with a pause -, but I kinda feel the same way.

- Kinda? - I asked, a giggle escaping my mouth right after. I couldn't help but gift him a questioning look aswell.

- Fully - he corrected himself, a sneaky blush settling on his cheeks at the same time. - Fully, my cheetah.

With that, he gave me a reassuring lick across my cheek, a sweet, if not a longing one.

- But sadly, it isn't time for that yet - he then flashed a hinting smile.

- No - I approved, whispering the following words right in his ear as an answer: - Not... Just... Yet...

My mate clearly seemed to enjoy what I was doing.

- Why do you have to be SUCH a charmer? - he asked, staring right into my shining eyes. His slow blinks were crystal clear signs of affection.

- I don't know - I answered, rolling my own eyes. - Can't help it.

- Don't you dare try to - he chuckled, a lasting grin settling on his face. - I don't mind.

- Oh, I know.

I did know. His heart seemed to melt upon looking at me, and his smile wouldn't die down for anything. But then:

- Fuli... - he suddenly stopped, his ears flopping down slightly at his new thought. - Won't you mind these... mind these scars too much?

Mind these scars?

One of the most genuine laughters bursted out of me upon hearing his words.

- Seriously? - my eyes widened as I sat down next to him. - Does my love really seem conditional to you?

- Not one bit - he shook his head firmly -, but... they are kinda ugly...