6. Our secret

Kion's P.O.V.:

I woke up in the cave, with the scent of Fuli in my nose

I woke up in the cave, with the scent of Fuli in my nose. When I opened my eyes, the first thing I saw, was her head, resting on my chest. 

You are so cute, my cheetah! - I thought.

She was still asleep, pressed against me, and I felt the warmth of her body. Her tail was laying on my stomach, and I could feel his chest move up and down, as she was sleeping. We were so close to each other, I felt the warm air hit my face, every time she exhaled. 

- I love you, Fuli - I whispered, with a smile on, and I licked her nose. She was so adorable, when she was sleeping, I wanted to nuzzle her, but I couldn't reach her head. I didn't want to move too much, because it wasn't my intention to wake her up. So I just laid my head back on the ground, to get some more sleep, when all of a sudden I could feel, and hear her yawn.

She stretched, and then she rubbed her face against my chest. I could hear her purr even louder now.

- Kion - she mumbled.

- Fuli - I whispered with a soft voice.

She yawned again. Then she opened her wonderful, emerald green eyes, to lock eyes with me. 

- You are my fierce lion prince - she said, with a smile.

- And you are my gorgeous cheetah princess - I smiled back.

She laughed, and her eye was shining.

- Is that, what you are gonna tell your dad? - she then asked.

- He won't mind us - I assured her. I didn't know, if I lied or not. - And, I mean...

I looked at Fuli with a michievous look.

- He doesn't HAVE to know - I finished, and winked.

- I think it's better to tell him, Kion - Fuli said.

- Yeah, yeah, I know. But maybe we should keep it a secret for now.

- Allright - she agreed. - He is gonna know it eventually anyways.

- And what about the guard ? - I asked. 

Would they care too much?

- We shouldn't tell them, just yet - she answered. 

Fuli then laid her head on my chest, and she sighed. We looked at each other again, and we were purring, because our dream became real in one night. We were silent, caught up in a bubble of love, that seemed unpoppable. 

- I love you, Fuli - I said.

- I love you, too, Kion - she answered.

We were laying for another five minutes, but we both knew, we have to go on the Morning Patrol, regardless of what happened last night. 

Even, if it was the best thing in my life - I thought, then we got up.

I stretched, then Fuli rubbed her head against my face, purring, and our tails touched for a second.

- Race to Pride Rock? - Fuli asked.

- Very funny - I rolled my eyes, then I pushed her, to get some advantage. - You bet!

She laughed, then ran after me.