18 - Part 5: To die for

Simba's P.O.V.:

:

He is alive.

This kept rolling down in my head, since I heard his roar.

My son is alive and the Lion Guard should be on their way to save him. I made the right decision.

I wanted to run to my son instantly, so I can defend him from any harm, even though he could defend himself, but the fire needed to be put out. I escorted the zebras to Pride Rock, as fast as I could, and I started making my way towards Urembo Meadows.

The plan changed, and the way to Urembo Meadows wasn't problem-free. For the Outlanders...

The group, I encountered was quite small. Three hyenas after a lonely zebra.

Three on one. Unspeakably brave move...

The looks on their faces were amusing, when they heard my roar. Three coward hyenas, nearly tripping over in the run for their pray, like if a thunder striked right next to them.

Wouldn't say thunder, but a shocking experience will do.

The poor hyenas tried to run, but I caught up to them in seconds. I scratched towards the slowest hyena, dug my claw into his back and pulled him back on the ground. The hyena yowled in pain and his blood painted my paws with a mighty shade of red.

His eyes were the eyes of an innocent cub, I could see my mighty self reflected in it.

No, killing you is not worth my time, don't be afraid... 

The terrified animal shook in fear and tried to get up, but I pinned him to the ground.

A little warning though...

- Leave now and don't ever come back, or you won't get away with just a scratch! - I growled, leaning closer to his face with every word.

- Yes... yes... I promise, I am going, please don't hurt me! - he literally cried, which I found pretty pathetic.

I wouldn't be this evil to you, if you would just leave this land be... 

- Take your friends aswell - I let him up. - Spread the message!

These hyenas were one of the dumber ones, since they actually started to leave, instead of teaming up again.

Actually, they were the only smart ones...

- Find a safe place! - I turned to the zebra. - Those trees might be good for cover - I nodded towards a point, that had a bunch of acacia trees. - I cannot help you know, but I promise you, this all will be okay soon!

- Thank you, your majesty! - the female zebra said with gratitude and ran off towards the woods.

I can deal with it - this is what I told myself. I will put it out quickly and help you, Kion.

But the red dot in the distance grow bigger and bigger every second, as I got closer to Urembo Meadows. The hungry flames spread over the grass and the colorful flowers, they set a couple of trees afire.

There weren't any hyenas or jackals around, but all the Pridelanders were gone because of the fire aswell.

The realization hit me, when I got there.

No, this is impossible to stop alone... - I thought, and I watched the hungry flames as they were eating the field. The air was hot and filled with smoke, that blocked my view of the further areas of the meadow. I clearly couldn't dig around it, since it spread too fast. I needed help.

I needed water as soon as it was possible, but I failed to imagine myself bringing some. 

I thought of the closest watersource, which was either Lake Matope or the river next to Mapema Rock, but I still couldn't connect it with putting the fire out. Something was missing...

Elephants! They can put out the fire! If there's enough of them... if there's enough time...

I knew, that the chances of elephants being around here were incredibly low. I couldn't look around too well because of the smoke, so I had to move away from my position, even though I knew, there aren't any elephants around here.

And as I thought, there weren't...

My mind started working hard, as I thought of where the animals could be, and even though I knew the Pride Lands the best, in this panic, I needed a minute to search in my mind.

Killio Valley is too far away. I don't have time for that!

I looked around once more, slightly feeling helpless, but I didn't give up.

This is a land to die for. My land. If that is my best bet, I will try!

With that, I set off, towards Killio Valley, a place that seemed unreachable, away from all the chaos, that I, the king of Pride Rock couldn't stop...