23. Hope dies last

Furaha's P.O.V.:

The unexpected, cold breeze rushed through my thin fur and sent shivers all the way down my spine. I stopped for a moment to sniff around, but only managed to pick up the fresh scent of an impala. Though I still could've tracked it if I wanted to, I followed closely behind my group instead, because we had a lot more important mission right now.

I made a promise, and I will not break it.

Our task was to find Kion and to bring him back to the safety of Pride Rock. I promised Nala, we would find him, he would be okay. I was determined to keep that promise. When the fight was going on, I saw Kion running away in this direction, possibly on the way to Urembo Meadows, an open series of plains, with their yellow flowers and several patches of trees. Earlier this day, at dawn, the place was set on fire and the flames started consuming the entire meadow. Noone knew who started the fire or what it was all about.

The king told us, he was there not long after it started and quickly asked the elephants to help put it out, using a nearby watersource, the river, that had Mapema Rock on its bank. Or at least that is what I heard... Simba was in complete shock after finding out the situation and spoke really fast, worried and confused, not even composing all his sentences right, he let all his fearful thoughts to be spoken into the world. He was so determined to go and find his son, he left to search Hakuna Matata Falls alone right after giving us the orders. He told me, personally, to let Nala know about their son, and he was already running in the grass below.

So if the prince happened to come here, he only did so after the king left, which supposedly was around sunrise. The thing was, if Kion did come to help, and he didn't get killed or stopped from leaving in some way, he would have came right back to Pride Rock, which he didn't do. And this caused most of the worry. The fire should have been put out by now, meaning, Kion had no known reason to stay at Urembo Meadows. The prince, as the leader of the Lion Guard spent most of his time helping animals and patrolling, or - as he told me the last time I spoke to him - hanging out with the Guard, meaning he normally spent a lot of time away from his family every day, but he hasn't gone missing right after a fight yet. It could've meant, he is in serious danger.

But then again, maybe he didn't even think about coming here. I couldn't see him for too long and we did not have any sign that actually told us: 'Hey, Kion was here!'.

- Furaha! - the familiar, soft voice of Zawadi pulled me out of my thoughts. - You better keep up!

It was only now, that I noticed, I was walking way slower than my partners, so I yelled back: ' Coming!', and sped my steps up. The other three lionesses in my group - Wawindaji, Mwanga and Zawadi - walked together, sniffing and looking for any sign of the prince, though with no result. They slowed down, so I could catch up, and when I did, Wawindaji, the eldest of the three asked:

- You found something?

- No - I answered. - I was just lost in thought.

Out of the three lionesses, Zawadi was the youngest and probably the most beautiful aswell. Her graceful movement, eye-catching body and her gorgeous, young face, with her seductive grin could charm most of the male lions out there. But she was the part of our pride. And she would be, until her last day. Mwanga was a couple of weeks elder, if not the most beautiful lioness, still a kind, helping and humble soul. And Wawindaji was the eldest with her 6 years. They were my good friends from the very beggining. They were great company, and I could trust them with anything.

- You heard his Roar? - Mwanga asked, as we spotted the acacia trees in the distance. The green grass grew decently long here, it was weird not to see any animals grazing around us.