( five )

The second that the group, without Jasper, made their way back to the dropship camp set up, something was wrong

The second that the group, without Jasper, made their way back to the dropship camp set up, something was wrong. Harley could feel the tenseness in the air, like the delinquents had spent the day doing something wrong. But then she had to remember they were teenagers who had all committed crimes, and most of them weren't as innocent as she was. Somewhere deep down, Harley knew she had to face the facts and force the optimism away. Jasper was dying, there was murderous people in the woods who survived the radiation, and every delinquent she was around was a time bomb.

Octavia groaned in pain when Harley dozed off into her own world. Octavia had been leaning on the girl when they made their way back to camp, as since the run, the wound on her leg wasn't painless. She snapped back to reality and grew more steady, holding Octavia's arm that was slung over her shoulder tighter. "Sorry," Harley apologized quietly.

Harley heard Clarke shouting before the pair made their way through the trees and into the camp's opening. "Octavia!" Bellamy called out the second he saw her and rushed over. "Are you all right?" He asked. Harley released Octavia and let her brother take over by helping her to a seat they had set up from the dropship. Harley dropped down from the steepness of the ground, letting her arms hang loosely and speechless.

"Where's the food?" Bellamy asked, his gaze narrowing to everyone who had left for the supplies except his sister. "What the hell happened out there?"

They were silent, unsure of how to explain. Harley couldn't find the words herself. What should they say, after all? Jasper was hit in the chest with a spear by an unknown person, and they found out everything they thought they knew wasn't true. "We were attacked," Clarke finally answered.

"Attacked?" Wells repeated, astonished. "By what?"

"Not what. Who," Finn corrected, sitting himself. "It turns out, when the last man from the ground died on the Ark, he wasn't the last Grounder."

"It's true," Clarke cut in as they drew in a crowd from the delinquents. Harley saw the expressions on their faces, some even looked scared. "Everything we thought we knew about the ground is wrong. There are people here, survivors." Clarke noticed too that everyone looked hesitant and fearful and quickly covered her speech with a better report. "The good news is, that means we can survive. Radiation won't kill us."

The hope was destroyed and brought down quickly by Finn. "Yeah, the bad news is that the Grounders will."

A heavy silence fell over the crowd. They were just kids, all of them. The Ark sent down a bunch of kids, not knowing that there was murderous, what Finn called Grounders, after them , Harley realized. This was too much, too difficult. Every part of Harley's life had taken a turn. She wondered back to The Ark, where she was safer, despite the oxygen deficiency happening.

"Where's the kids with the goggles?" Wells asked, breaking the tenseness and noticing their group was one person short.

"Jasper was hit by them," Harley answered him in a explanation, stepping forward. "And whoever is out there took him."