( twenty-four )

The first thing Harley put into her bag was her deck of cards

The first thing Harley put into her bag was her deck of cards. Clarke had ordered that the delinquents packed what they could carry, whatever consisted of important supplies. Obviously she had put more important supplies in it, but the small square box had fit in perfectly and it was something she knew she couldn't leave it behind. Harley had no idea who, or what, would accept them in the ocean, but she knew it was the only plan they had momentarily. Anything was better than staying and fighting in a war.

Exiting her tent, Harley slung the bag's strap over her shoulder. The delinquents were already gathering today, ordering where the gunners would be incase the grounder's were close. Most of them would be in the front of the line, but a few would be in the middle and the end. Knowing that Clover was one of them, Harley stalked towards her with a timid smile. "Hey," she greeted the blonde. "Want to use the buddy system?"

The small joke cracked a content smile out of Clover. "Usually the buddy system requires holding hands, which I wouldn't mind, if it wasn't for.." She angled her gun to the side. Harley felt a hot blush creep up her neck and she turned her head shyly before Clover noticed.

"Okay, here we go! Keep your eyes open!" A delinquent called out, the one in the lead. He motioned for everyone to follow him out after the gate was pushed open.

Harley sucked in a deep breath, clutching the strap of her bag as she followed the others outside of what was one their home. She didn't know what was waiting in the woods, or even the ocean, for all of them. Bellamy had put out the fire, and a white smoke poured out, filling the air. She hoped the grounders would see it, and think they were surrendering. Harley tried not to worry, and instead focus on what was important.

Raven had been shot by Murphy, and Clarke was hoping the bullet left would stay put until they got somewhere safe. She knew it was an accident, or it had to be, but all that mattered was that it was done and the poor mechanic could be dying. They didn't have Doctor Griffin this time, only Clarke, and Harley hoped she could fix her.

Gazing ahead, Harley saw Raven being carried on a made stretcher by Finn and another. She looked tired, and was clearly in a lot of pain. Harley bit her lower lip, slowing her pace but still keeping careful of stepping over branches sticking out of the ground. She felt guilty, even though she had nothing to do with it. She thought that maybe it was somehow her fault, that Murphy's actions were her responsibility, because they were twins.

Snapping Harley out of her thoughts, Clover quite literally snapped her fingers in Harley's face. The blonde had been watching the other daze as they walked for a while, watching as her expression turned to one of guilt and remorse. She wasn't stupid, it didn't take a genius to know what Harley was staring at and thinking. "Welcome back," she addressed when seeing that Harley was there again. Clover was quiet, trying to find the words, before breaking it to her gently. "It wasn't your fault, what he did," she stated, referring to Murphy. "You shouldn't be held accountable for his decisions. He's a big boy that can accept mistakes."