( forty-seven )

It had taken nearly another full day to finish helping the people in Tondc

It had taken nearly another full day to finish helping the people in Tondc. The wounded were brought to Camp Jaha along with Abby and Jackson who would take care of them, Clover included. Abby assured her and Harley her leg would be completely fine, and she'd be back running on her feet in no time. Just, unfortunately, not in a few days, which meant she would have to stay behind for the mission against Mount Weather. While Harley wanted to stay with her, possibly even help Abby in keeping the wounded as comfortable as possible, she remained with the ones preparing for the fight.

Due to how far Harley pushed herself the day before, helping with digging through the rubble and moving people into safety, her scorched arm was still sore. Abby supplied her bandages to change so it wouldn't get any worse, or become infected. It was already beginning to blister, and became much more sore when she lifted it. That's why it was difficult for Harley to shrug her jacket off before doing her best to unwrap the old bandages on her arm.

A sudden few footsteps had Harley's attention, and she paused her short grimaces to turn her head. Octavia approached the log cautiously, a timid smile on her face and seeing the struggle that Harley was having. "Do you need some help?" She offered. Despite the new appearance that Octavia was sporting, in full grounder attire now completed with a sword in its sheath, she still sounded the same.

"Please," Harley answered thankfully. Octavia nodded, taking a seat beside her swiftly and taking over. Harley remained as still as she could despite the ache as Octavia unwrapped the gauze around her arm. She did her best to keep gentle, but there wasn't much she could do to prevent it.

After the bandage was off, Octavia paused to look at the burn on her arm. "Blisters are good, right?" She checked, preparing the next roll of bandages that Harley handed to her. The blisters were hardly there, but were starting to peek out from the skin.

Harley nodded. "Abby said that means it's healing," she explained. "I won't have to bandage it much longer, then." Once Octavia accepted it and began to wind the roll around her arm carefully but not too tightly. Harley watched, a soft feeling opening, before Octavia finally finished and declared she was done. "Thank you so much," she said genuinely, grateful for the assistance, as she shrugged her jacket back on to shield herself from the night's cold.

Harley then paused for a minute, studying not the warm expression Octavia had plastered on her face, but the black marks on her face. They were streaks, two passing her eyes and down her cheeks. She wasn't sure where Octavia had gotten the material for it, but it still made her look all that more threatening. Harley felt herself slowly beam, the pain on her arm fading. "Nice warpaint."

The compliment had Octavia grinning back, the warm glow of the fire illuminating her sharp looks. "Thanks." As soon as the word left Octavia's mouth, Harley watched as her features changed quickly as her eyes darted over her shoulder. Octavia suddenly held a furious expression, cold and frigid at whatever she was staring at.