( thirty-six )

According to Bellamy, their home was back at the old dropship

According to Bellamy, their home was back at the old dropship. Harley didn't feel so comfortable at home with Lincoln screaming like a wild animal while being chained up as Bellamy went to go and recruit Clarke to help them. She kept her back pressed to the wall of the ship, pushing her knees to her chest and chose to close her eyes and attempt to drown Lincoln out. It wasn't easy, considering the way he wanted to eat both her and Octavia and screamed to express that. She had tried covering her ears, but it was useless. There was something seriously wrong with him, and despite being frightened to her core, Harley refused to let herself leave.

Instead, Harley tried to remember the better times at the dropship as her and Octavia waited patiently for Bellamy and Clarke to return. She could phase back to when Lincoln was chained up here for the first time and was mercilessly tortured, or when her brother was hung, or even during the war when she was attacked and nearly killed. There were good times here, despite all of that. Like when her and all of her friends were hallucinating on the nuts they ate, and she met Clover. Or when she played card games with Octavia, Monty and Jasper. This was once her home, Harley knew, and she would always cherish the moments she laughed.

All of a sudden, the latch to the level they were on was unlocked and swung open. The sound made Harley pick her head up, relieved to see it was Clarke with a medkit in her hand. Before either her or Octavia could speak in greeting, Lincoln swung out of the darkness he was in, pulling against the binds and bellowing deeply. Clarke was completely stunned with wide eyes, stepping back as Bellamy made his way to the level and quickly calming her down. "It's okay, it's okay," he assured her. "He's been restrained."

Even though Lincoln was bound, Harley saw that Clarke still looked uneasy as she shook her head in disbelief. "I can't believe we're back here again," she mumbled, referring to the time that the grounder was tortured for answers.

Octavia was exhausted as she spoke, asking the question they were hoping had a good response. "Can you help him?"

Unsure of how to respond, Clarke hesitated, observing as Lincoln continued acting like an animal, struggling against his restraints and hissing loudly. "I don't know," she answered reluctantly.

Rising to her feet, Harley gazed over to Clarke, a desperate look plastered on her face. She had been worried about Lincoln since they saw her in the dropship, despite him attacking her and throwing her against a stone wall. She knew, from the few times that she had seen him, he was a soft and gentle person. They needed a medic to look him over, even if it was an attempt. "But you'll try, right?" Harley asked her, hopeful. Clarke looked over her shoulder before nodding, but she even seemed unsure.

"I knew Mount Weather controlled the reapers," Clarke noted, dazed in shock from the sight of how Lincoln was acting. "But I had no idea they were creating them."

"If they can do that to Lincoln, what're they doing to our friends?" Bellamy pointed out in question. Harley sighed, unable to picture what was happening to her friends in the mountain, if they ended up like Lincoln or even worse. They had to help them.