( thirty-seven )

The words that Nyko had spoke when Lincoln was seizing repeated again in Harley's head as they waited for Finn and Clarke to return when he plan was finished

The words that Nyko had spoke when Lincoln was seizing repeated again in Harley's head as they waited for Finn and Clarke to return when he plan was finished. She was worried about the grounders and their ruthless commander running through Camp Jaha, but to focus on that wouldn't help anyone. She had faith that Clarke would pull through and they would all survive this before saving their friends.

As for Finn, Harley hadn't had as much trust in him. Instead of spending time dwelling on what he had done, she had chosen to turn towards Nyko who propped himself against the dropship wall while they waited patiently for the return of the pair that had left. "What does it mean?" She questioned. "What you said to Lincoln. The, you gonplei thingy..." She trailed off, hoping he'd catch on. Harley remembered how he said it, with so much emotion and regret traced all over his face. She figured it was important and meaningful to them.

Nyko send Harley an odd look, unsure as to why she was coming off as kind despite his hostile look. She was even sitting upright with her knees pressed to her chest and her chin rested on the palm of her hand, clearly interested in what he had to say. She didn't even seem afraid of him. "Yu gonplei ste odon," he responded, correcting her as she hadn't remembered the words right. "It means, your fight is over. That is how we send our people off to peace."

"Wow," Harley whispered back. Despite the short explanation, she was touched. "That's beautiful."

The idea of dying was scary, or even to watch someone she loved die was much more scary, but to hear or speak that their fight was over from surviving was such a moving statement. "We recite a short passage." Harley remembered The Ark's way to say farewell to someone passing, to send them home, as they described. She hasn't lost anyone close to her, like most had, so she had yet to say it to someone and mean it deeply.

"A passage?" Nyko repeated, seemingly as intrigued as Harley was by his language.

Harley nodded back. "The Ark's dream was always to return home to the ground. That's how it began," she explained shortly. "But it ends with may we meet again in hopes we would find them again, whether it's in another life or not."

Raising his chin, Nyko caught on to what Harley was describing for him even if he hadn't asked. "I believe that is equally as beautiful." Harley brightened at the words, almost beaming with a wide smile. Even though they were discussing sending loved ones off to death, she thought it was important to converse with. So far, she was engrossed by their customs.

Knowing that Octavia was just as fascinated with the grounder's society as she was, Harley turned her head to send her a glance. It explained why Octavia had started braiding her hair and wielding a sword, after falling in love with the soft grounder Lincoln.

Octavia looked exhausted from dealing with this endless stress for so long, but was still refusing to leave Lincoln's side which was understandable. Harley paused to look down to Lincoln, who was still unconscious after having a run-in with death. Although he was still chained down to the ground to only be safe, he finally looked peaceful, and not in danger of himself or others with whatever drug was in his system.