( twenty-one )

At this point, Harley was positive Murphy was avoiding her

At this point, Harley was positive Murphy was avoiding her. She had been a tail he didn't want around since she was better, one that he couldn't shrug off. She was full of questions, with a bunch he wouldn't answer. She didn't catch on to his irritated tone either. It was still brand new to Harley, and she was so distracted by the fact that she has a twin brother that she's never known about she hasn't thought about The Ark or grounders.

Unfortunately for Harley, Murphy had went to the one spot she wouldn't be around, the smokehouse. He knew that Harley felt sick around the animal meat when it was being skinned and cooked, and could only eat it after the process. She knew that he was trying to avoid her, but made it her mission to be right back on his track when he was finished helping Octavia inside.

Lost in her own thoughts about family, Harley at first hadn't heard the shouting. She was peeking through a hole in the wall, staring at the woods, wondering when the grounder's were coming and if there was still possibly a chance for a peace treaty. Sometimes the delinquents thought of the social butterfly as dense for thinking such a thing, and giving them hope that it could be different than what they thought, but that wasn't important. The others were shouting, and it wasn't about grounders.

Harley rushed towards the direction, following a few of the gunners that had left their posts to see what was wrong. Seconds after approaching the scene, Harley felt herself gape when coming across the incident. The smokehouse had become, quite literally, that. It was engulfed in flickering flames, smoke pouring out of the opening. The thought of the food they needed to survive inside scalding into nothing hadn't even passed through Harley's head; only if Murphy and Octavia were okay.

"Excuse me." Harley had to mumble under her breath a few times, trying to push her way through the crowd surrounding the fire. When she finally made her way past, she didn't hesitate in dashing to Murphy. She could see clearly that Bellamy was checking on Octavia, who was hacking to catch her breath, but Murphy was on his own.

As soon as Harley was kneeling in front of Murphy, she was putting her hand on his shoulder and trying to get a better look at him. He was covered in soot, reeked of smoke, and looked more angry than anything but fine for the most part. "Are you alright?" She asked him worriedly. Murphy nodded back, coughing into his fist for a second. Harley gave him a small smile, trying to lighten the unfortunate situation they were in, with losing their food and all. "What is it with you and fires?" She joked, remembering the circumstance where she met him.

"It wasn't me," Murphy muttered under his breath, glancing up to glare at another delinquent that was in the same state; Del. "It was him." Harley followed his gaze, but before she could make a move to stop him, he was on his feet. "This is all your fault!" He shouted, storming forward, starting a fight. "We told you it was too much wood!" After shoving Del, Murphy threw a punch, making the brawl worse.

Harley had wanted to intervene, but being a small girl that could hardly swear let alone break up a fight, she didn't move. Bellamy, however, pulled Murphy back while shouting and putting himself in between the two boys, demanding them to stop. He pushed Murphy back, warning him. "Save it for the grounders."