( forty-two )

Boots planted in place, left frozen, Harley watched in horror as Raven was stripped from her red jacket and tied to a post by her lifted arms

Boots planted in place, left frozen, Harley watched in horror as Raven was stripped from her red jacket and tied to a post by her lifted arms. She could see the fear washed over her face, and her eyes were beginning to water from tears not being shed. The torture had even begun yet, and she could already feel her blood running cold from just witnessing this. Harley couldn't believe that Raven would try to poison the commander, especially after she defended herself so fiercely, but there was nothing she could do. Nobody was running like Indra cruelly suggested, nobody wanted to leave Raven behind to die.

"I take no joy in this, Raven," Lexa began to inform her, stalking forward slowly with a sharp knife held tightly in her hand. "But this time, justice will be done."

"I didn't do it," Raven whispered, her voice laced with fear, unstable. "How is that justice?"

The knife held by Lexa was raised, pressing against Raven's arm. Bellamy began to walk forward, face creased with anger. "We have to do something," he declared.

Kane stopped him by putting a hand on his chest, pushing him back and sadly shaking his head. "Wait," he protested quietly. "We can't."

"Please," Harley felt herself cry in addition, her heart shattering in her chest as Lexa made the first cut. She could hear Raven's cries of pain, and tearing her eyes away from Kane, she could see the blood cascading from the wound.

After Lexa, Indra stormed forward, ripping Raven's lower shirt. "Lincoln, talk to them," Octavia pleaded. A cut made by Indra sliced through Raven's skin, and she let out another scream of anguish. Harley wanted to cover her ears, but she felt like she couldn't move. "These are your people!"

Discouraged, Lincoln shook his head. "Not anymore." He took a few steps to the side, approaching Nyko, who was equally as crushed.

"You are no longer safe here, my friends," Nyko said, soft and sad. "I will make sure you get away. Then you'll be on your own." Lincoln nodding in thanks, grasping Nyko's arm, before hugging him tightly.

"Chancellor Griffin," Clover spoke up, catching Abby's attention. She was just as disgusted and frightened, but as a guard, was only thinking of Indra's earlier statement. When Raven died, they were all in danger. The alliance was slowly falling with each cut made by the grounders, being shredded, until Raven stopped breathing and there was going to be nothing left. "We need to go." At the very least, get a head start.

Saddened, Harley eyes became wide and doey. "Go?" She repeated, the word breaking. "We can't leave Raven."

Abby shook her head in disagreement. "There's nothing we can do," she said, regretful, before moving to the dining hall opening they once came from. Her daughter was inside instead of being with the group to witness Raven being tortured. "Clarke, we need to move now," Abby demanded. A few more cries from Raven filled the air with each cut on her arm made by different grounders but no response from Clarke. "Clarke, now!" She said again, this time more firm and in a shout.