( thirty-three )

Harley didn't particularly like eavesdropping, but when she heard that Raven was going to be sneaking out Octavia, Bellamy, and Clarke, she knew she had to be apart of it

Harley didn't particularly like eavesdropping, but when she heard that Raven was going to be sneaking out Octavia, Bellamy, and Clarke, she knew she had to be apart of it. Even if Finn scared her a bit, she needed to know that both him and Murphy were okay. They were searching for a girl who wasn't missing, and if the grounders found them, Harley didn't know what would happen. She only assumed the others didn't think she'd want to go, being a scared girl, so she chose to invite herself.

The three planned to meet Raven behind Camp Jaha and sneak out with her plan to shut down the electric fence. Harley could see them in the distance and prepared herself to stride over, so she could ask to join, before she felt a small grip on her wrist, pulling her back. Confused, she turned around, seeing concerned blue eyes that belonged to Clover.

"Where are you going?" Clover asked, her voice laced with uneasiness. "We just got back, and you still haven't gotten your stitches looked at yet."

Harley turned her hand over, grasping Clover's digits in her hand. She didn't want her to fret over her and where she was planning to head, and she didn't have much time. "The others are going to look for John and Finn, I have to go," she explained. Clover didn't seemed eased or comforted by the words. "John's my brother. I have to make sure he's okay," she continued, insisting firmly.

"But he wouldn't do the same for you," Clover replied, her response striking Harley in a harsh way despite the tender expression she was staring at. Regardless if they were true or not, Harley hadn't wanted to hear them. "You can get hurt out there. I don't want something to happen to you while you're doing this for someone who wouldn't do the same for you."

Even if Clover was right, and Murphy really wouldn't go on a rescue mission for Harley, she realized how she felt about it. Shrugging, she answered simply. "I don't care." The news of having a brother, a twin at that, was still foreign and completely new to her. But it was still there, all true. Despite the fact that Murphy may not have cared for Harley as much as she did him, it wouldn't stop her.

Clover still looked upset, but she nodded in understanding. "Be safe?" She asked softly, informing the other that she wouldn't be attending this time. Harley nodded, confirming she'd at least try to do so. She leaned forward, holding the side of Clover's face before softly kissing her in a silent good-bye. Her heart swelled with affection at the action, and she felt herself smile into it.

It hurt to see Clover's expression when pulling away, but Harley was determined and knew that this was something she had to do. She walked towards to the hidden spot of Camp Jaha, out of sight from everyone else, especially Chancellor Abby Griffin who refused to allow a search party to bring back Murphy and Finn. Harley was distressed by the thought of the woman no longer caring for her friends and brother all because her daughter was finally home, and it was upsetting that they had to take matters in their own hands.

As Harley carefully approached the four talking, arguing with Octavia, she pressed her hand against the wall and neared them before making her arrival noticed when quietly clearing her throat. The others were startled by the sound, scared that they were caught in the act of sneaking out, but slowly calmed when seeing it was only the timid, sweet girl and went back to work.