( thirty-one )

The helpless girl, Mel's, cries for help didn't go unnoticed to Harley or Sterling

The helpless girl, Mel's, cries for help didn't go unnoticed to Harley or Sterling. She kept herself knelt down, peering over the edge while grasping rocks as to be careful she didn't slide down and either die or end up in the same position. She was so focused on helping the poor girl that she didn't care to overhear Bellamy and Finn's quiet arguing from not too far. All Harley could assume was that they would stay, and do the right thing before finishing the mission they were on to rescue their friends.

"Hey, Mel!" Harley exclaimed from the top. Her voice was gentle, calm, as she attempted to keep her composed. If she flailed around too much, she'd fall to her death. "Sterling is getting rope right now, okay? We're going to help you. You'll be just fine." Harley made a promise, hoping it was one she could keep.

"I can't!" Mel cried out. "Please!"

Harley looked over her shoulder, seeing Sterling striding over with a rope tied around his waist, a long line that ended being tied to a tree stump. She shifted over, allowing him room, before hearing Bellamy call out another demand. "We're moving out!"

Shocked, Harley scooted back before pulling herself to her feet. "Bellamy, no!" She exclaimed wretchedly. She couldn't believe he's made a choice so quickly, to leave a vulnerable girl that needed their help. It shouldn't take long, Harley thought as she stared at their leader with desperate, teary blue eyes.

Bellamy looked apologetic and guilty, but the expression was soon dropped as him and Finn realized Sterling was already sliding down the edge, clutching the rope. "Wait! Sterling!" Finn shouted out, rushing to the edge himself, but was too late. Sterling was already carefully making his way down, whether Bellamy had liked it or not.

Hopeful, Harley peered over the edge again. Sterling was being as careful as possible making his way to Mel, and she breathed a quiet sigh of relief. Once this was done, they'd find the rest of them and bring them all home and the ones they couldn't save would be sent to their home as well.

"Well," Murphy spoke up, his tone making Bellamy grow irritated. "It looks like we're taking that break after all, huh?" He can call it that, Harley thought to herself. But to her it was more than a quick rest. While they couldn't have done anything to save her friends back in the raging war, she had confidence that they could at least save this one girl.

"I'm almost there!" Sterling called up after a minute. Harley could see from where she was knelt that he was closer to Mel, and she clasped her hands together, grateful. "Once I have her, pull us up!"

"I'd say he's heard one too many of your motivational speeches," Murphy commented, informing Bellamy with a slight mocking grin.

Sighing, Bellamy kept his eyes on Sterling and Mel. "Shut up, Murphy."

Clover voiced her own opinion, just as annoyed as Bellamy. "I don't think he does." Murphy scowled at that, but Harley didn't pay them any attention as of now.