( fourteen )

Harley stood in the entrance of the dropship

Harley stood in the entrance of the dropship. Her jacket was off, and her hair was pulled back tightly as she stared to the outside. The weather was the worst it's ever been since landing, it was more than rain. She could hear thunder rumbling in the distance, something she's only read about in books on The Ark. The sun was gone, hidden behind dark clouds. Harley missed it, even though it would be hot. Back in The Ark, there was no sun. It was always night time. Now, it was nothing but a gloomy gray.

It matched the mood, though. Harley turned around, shivering, and remembering the predicament that they were in. Finn was stabbed by a ground only moments ago, and after bringing him back to camp, Bellamy took off. She hadn't cared where. She could hear Raven attempting to contact The Ark on her radio, and could tell the mechanic was becoming frustrated when not receiving a response.

"The one-hundred are alive," Raven spoke, her voice laced with desperation for an answer. "I repeat. The one-hundred are alive. I am on the ground with the hundred." She paused, and Harley saw her briefly glance at Finn, her eyes growing sad. "We need you."

Harley passed by her, watching as Clarke observed the wound on Finn's chest. She winced when seeing the knife sticking out, knowing that it was safer if they kept it in for now. When Raven would finally get ahold of The Ark, they could talk to Clarke's mother, and figure out how to safely remove it. She looked up from the other side of him, noticing that the blonde's eyes were filling with tears. She frowned, giving Clarke a gentle look. "He's going to be okay," Harley assured her, her voice gentle. "Raven will get ahold of them."

Somehow, Clarke managed to smile, but it was making her look more so miserable. "You don't know that." She was right, Harley had figured out quickly, but that didn't stop her from hoping that he would be. All Harley had known was that she couldn't bear watching another one of her friends die, not now. After holding both Murphy's possible death, Roma's, and Diggs, she was already unstable. If Finn didn't make it, Harley couldn't figure out how to keep the other's spirits lifted with the threat of the grounders looming over them.

All of a sudden, Raven's radio became to crack with a voice. "This is a restricted station, who is this? Please identify yourself." It was staticy, but Harley felt as if she could hear it loud and clear from the relief of knowing it worked.

Eyes wide and hope arising all over again, Harley peered past a tall girl's shoulder. "Is that The Ark?!" She exclaimed, rocking back and forth on her boots.

Raven nodded quickly at Harley's question, gripping the headset. "This is Raven Reyes," she stated quickly, attempting to be firm. "I-I'm from Mecha Station. I'm transmitting from the ground. The hundred are alive!" She took a single glance at Finn. "Please, you need to get Doctor Abby Griffin, Doctor Abby Griffin, now!" She repeated, raising her voice.

Sinclair responded, assuring Raven he was boosting their signal. Harley grinned, accidentally gripping the girl's jacket who looked surprised at the other from doing so. "That's The Ark! We can help Finn!"

"Raven? Are you there?" Abby's voice filled the room, coming out of the radio's speaker, her voice slightly clearer as Raven messed with the dial.

Wordlessly, Raven nodded to Clarke, giving her the okay to answer. Clarke cleared her throat before stepping forward and greeting her mother. "Mom? Mom, it's me.."

It was quiet, before Abby spoke, her voice full of emotion at the sound of her daughter's voice. "Clarke?"

Remembering there was something more important than repeating each other's names, Clarke became more firm. "Mom, I need your help. One of our people was stabbed by a grounder." Chancellor Jaha interrupted, asking if there were survivors on the ground. "The Earth is survivable," she confirmed. "We're not alone."

Harley released the jacket she had an excited hold on to turn and look at Finn, who was still unconscious on the flat seating they had set up. "Clarke," she spoke up until catching the other's attention and quickly motioned to the wounded with a nod of her head. They had to hurry, Finn was severely hurt.

Realizing she was right, Clarke nodded back. "Mom, he's dying," she said. "The knife's still in his chest."

Abby responded quickly, assuring Clarke that she was being patched through to medical. Jaha's voice filled the speaker again, asking if his son was with her. Harley suddenly frowned, the feeling of cheer and hope fading into dread at the remembrance of Wells death. She turned around as Clarke regretfully and apologetically informed him that his son was dead.

Both Clarke and Abby from different sides began commanding demands. Mostly, the delinquents were instructed to stay out of the way, as Octavia raced out to get something to sterilize the tools Clarke would need to perform the operation. When she came back in the dropship, soaking from head to toe, Harley raced forward with a thin cloth used from the parachute.

Clarke quickly took them both, setting them down. "Here," Harley offered, holding the cloth out into Octavia's direction, letting herself wipe the moisture off.

Taking a smell of the canisters, Clarke winced. "Monty's moonshine?" She guessed, setting them down carefully.

"Pretty sure no germ could survive it," Octavia retorted, pressing the cloth against her neck.

Suddenly, there was a loud clap of thunder, one that shook the dropship a bit. Harley grimaced, crossing her arms, knowing it was only getting worse. Rain was beginning to pour into the dropship "The storm's getting a lot worse," she pointed out. "What should we do?"

Clarke nodded into Monroe's direction. "Monroe, close the doors," she ordered.

"But we still have people out there," Monroe argued, looking worried.

"Monty and Jasper still aren't back yet," Octavia added. "Neither is Bellamy." Her voice quieted at the sound of her brother's name.

"It'll be okay," Harley spoke up. "They'll find somewhere to ride it out." She stepped forward and put her hand on Monroe's shoulder. "Let's close the doors, keep everyone safe." Monroe tilted her head back, giving her the okay, and the pair made their way past the other delinquents and to the dropship opening.

Harley's hand was on the switch when she heard someone shout. She stopped, moving aside to peer over the edge. It was raining hard, but in the distance, she could see Bellamy and one of his men carrying a heavy body. "Monroe, they're back!" She exclaimed, pointing to the direction to show her.

Instead of closing the door, Harley waited until they were inside. However, she came to a stop suddenly when seeing who they were carrying. It was the grounder they found in the cave that had held Octavia hostage. "Bellamy!" Octavia shouted, frustrated, and stomping forward. "What the hell are you doing?"

"It's time to get some answers," Bellamy said, declaring. He glanced up to the men who brought him in. "Take him upstairs," he commanded.

The radio speaker began to crack again, Abby's voice filling the room, and clearly surprising Bellamy. "Clarke, honey, we're ready! Can you hear me?"

Bothered, Clarke had to ignore her mother to mumble to Bellamy. "Look, this is not who we are."

Without missing a beat of silence, Bellamy shot back; "It is now." Before leaving, heading up the ladder after Octavia and the grounder.

Making her own choice, Harley stood in place for a few seconds. "No way it is," she muttered to herself, knowing Bellamy's intentions, before following Bellamy up the ladder and to the top level.