( twenty-eight )

After Jackson left, to assist Abby in Raven's surgery, Harley was left alone with Murphy

After Jackson left, to assist Abby in Raven's surgery, Harley was left alone with Murphy. Now that her wound was stitched and given some sort of medicine to soothe the pain before putting a taped bandage on it, she was in a lot less pain, besides a dull ache and itching where the wound was mended shut.

A guard had brought them both food and water not too long ago, which Harley practically consumed quickly. She hadn't realized how hungry and thirsty she was until it was in front of her. The battle at the dropship had really taken a toll on her, she thought.

Letting her legs dangle over the edge of her raised stretcher, Harley tilted her head to the side and stared at Murphy's wound on his leg. "Is it feeling any better?" She asked him, concerned, despite knowing he was able to limp on it from before.

Murphy's head lolled over, facing Harley, with his typical scowl and annoyed gaze. "I'm fine." He emphasized the fine with a noticeable cross tone as Harley hassled him. "You can stop asking."

"You can stop acting like you don't care about me," Harley challenged, a sweet and knowing smile on her face. Murphy had said nothing, except rolled his eyes, but the open way to the entry had waved open and a tall woman with a uniform stalking inside.

"Major Byrne," she introduced to the two, professional. Before Harley could present herself politely, she was striding further inside and carefully grabbing Murphy by his upper arm and leading him upwards. "Doctor Griffin cleared you, and Chancellor Kane has placed you under arrest - "

"Hold on!" Harley exclaimed, outstretching her hand, before Major Byrne could finish her issued warrant. "Where are you taking him?"

"To lock up, with Bellamy Blake," Major Byrne answered. Harley was at a loss of words, and only watched silently as Murphy was guided out of the tent. She thought back to when they were first arrested, when he set the Alpha Station quarters on fire, and how he put up a fight until they had to put him down with a shock baton. Now, as he was brought into wherever they called lock up, he was completely silent, almost as if he didn't care.

It only left Harley in her own thoughts, refusing to lay down and rest as Jackson had recommended her to do. She didn't know how the broken laws would be handled, now that they were on Earth. She hoped Kane was more merciful than he was on The Ark for punishments, due to Jaha being left behind to save them, maybe it had an impact on him and how he would choose to lead.

Harley knew Murphy wasn't completely innocent, and would have to answer for his crimes, but she expected it to end better than floating him, alike to when the delinquents hung him for a crime he didn't commit. He wasn't the only person who had caused crimes or accidents, and he should be pardoned like everyone else was.

The tents flaps open once more, and Harley sighed, expecting it to be Clover, finally cleared and allowed into her tent. Instead, when she picked her head up, her eyes widened and she felt her heart plummet in her chest. "Mom?"