( fifteen )

When Harley first reached the top level, she could feel herself shudder at the sight of the grounder

When Harley first reached the top level, she could feel herself shudder at the sight of the grounder. Not because he came off as terrifying, which he had, but because Bellamy's boys had tied him upwards. His arms were spread out, and rope was tied tightly around his wrists, ones that he struggled against. Bellamy was ordering for him to be tied tighter, before he escaped.

Harley planted her feet on the ground, pulling herself out of the ladder hole. "What are you doing to him?" She asked in a small voice, staring the grounder down. He was caked in dirt and blood, but staring at Octavia. Bellamy didn't answer, but he didn't have to. Harley saw the look in his face, and knew this wasn't just an interrogation. He wanted revenge for who they had lost, who had been injured by the grounders.

"I told you, he was protecting me," Octavia said desperately, stepping forward and gazing at the grounder. "You didn't have to do this."

"This isn't about you," Bellamy retorted. "I'm doing this for all of us. For Finn, and Jasper, and John, and Diggs, and Roma." Harley visibly tensed as Bellamy listed of people wounded, people who had died since they landed. "We need to know what we're up against. How many there are, and why they're killing us." He paused, looking from Octavia to the grounder, but this time with a threatening expression. "And he's gonna tell us right now."

"Wait, stop," Harley had pleaded, her tone still small, but this time more pleading. "Don't hurt him, that's not justice for our people." Octavia agreed with her, reaching forward and grabbing her brother's arm in hopes that he would listen.

Having enough, Bellamy shrugged her off with an annoyed expression. "Drew, Miller, take them downstairs," he ordered.

The pair immediately complied to their leader, Miller grabbing Harley by her upper arm and pulling the smaller girl to the ladder. She didn't fight, only eyed the back of Bellamy's head with hurt. Octavia, however, struggled harshly against Drew's grip on her. "Get off me!" She demanded, pushing him off, and stumbling back to where Harley was. She tried to get Bellamy to understand her. "I don't even think he speaks English. He won't understand you." She sighed, holding Harley's wrist and pulling her down the ladder with her.

Climbing down, Harley frowned when shutting the top door behind her. "Hey," she said softly. "Are you okay?"

Octavia stormed past the delinquents who had crowded on the second level. Harley assumed that Clarke and Raven had cleared out the bottom one, so they could focus on Finn's surgery without being crowded. Harley watched as her friend made herself as comfortable as she could be on the steel ground of the dropship. She waited for Octavia to answer, sitting cross-legged in front of her, but receiving nothing.

"He didn't hurt me," Octavia finally mumbled, bitter, and hardly able to be heard over the chatter of the other delinquents resting. "He saved my life. I don't know why Bellamy doesn't believe me, and.." She sighed, bringing the palm of her hand up to wipe at her sweating forehead.