( thirty )

Harley remembered the first interrogation she witnessed

Harley remembered the first interrogation she witnessed. It was with Lincoln, the nice grounder that had tried to make peace with them. She was convinced, at the time, that he didn't speak their language. Despite that, Bellamy had mercilessly assaulted the grounder for his own selfish need for revenge. Harley knew this time it was different, and they needed information on the location of their friends, but no matter how many times Finn and Bellamy striked him with their fists, he continued repeating the same answers. Harley didn't know if she was the only one in the bunker who believed him.

It was something Harley would have expected out of Bellamy. He was a tough leader when it was just them at the dropship, a torturer, and believed in executing Murphy when there was hardly any proof behind him being a killer to just prove how powerful he was. But Finn, he believed in everything Harley did. He suggested the peace treaty to Lincoln, and to see him so enraged over Clarke's watch to the point that he led them to a quiet bunker to only torture this grounder was surprising to say the least, for Harley.

"We're gonna do this again and this time you're gonna stop screwing with us," Bellamy continued, as if it wasn't the first dark warning he gave to the grounder. He held Clarke's watch up, dangling it in the grounder's face. "Where did you find this?"

The answer was the same response that was given each time. "I told you," the grounder breathed out, exasperated. "I found it outside your camp."

"He's lying," Finn cut in, livid at this point. "She would never take it off voluntarily." He took the watch out of Bellamy's hand, grasping it tightly and waving it in the grounder's face. "Where is the girl who was wearing this watch?!"

"I never saw a girl," the grounder repeated, slower yet still calm.

"Another lie," Murphy spoke up from his seat beside Harley. "Maybe you should stop asking him nicely."

At his suggestion, Harley had crossed her arms over her chest and shook her head. He wasn't there when Bellamy tortured Lincoln, and he didn't see the outcome of it. "Shut up, Murphy," Bellamy snapped sharply before moving his attention back to the grounder they were still questioning. "Where are our friends? You took them, we know you did. Just tell us where."

Finn whirled around, threading his fingers through his hair and tugging at it in a fit of rage at the unanswered questions. Suddenly, he leaned down, swiping the handgun of out Clover's hand and catching her by surprise as he turned back around and striking the end of it against the grounder's temple. "Answer the question!" He shouted over the grounder's call of pain.

"Hey, hey!" Bellamy protested, grabbing Finn and dragging him back. Harley watched with wide eyes as he thrashed around in the grip, still shouting at the grounder in demands to know where the watch came from and where Clarke was. "Finn, stop!" Bellamy pressed further. "You don't want to do this, trust me." Finn stopped, momentarily, to pant and glare at him. "There are some lines you can't uncross."