( seventeen )

Back in The Ark, there was their own celebration for Unity Day

Back in The Ark, there was their own celebration for Unity Day. On Earth, some of the delinquents had crowded around the small screen to watch Chancellor Jaha give his speech. It was a day they celebrated when The Ark really came together, twelve station formed by the many. There was originally supposed to be thirteen, but when one refused to team up with the rest, it was was blown out of the sky to prove a point. Peace came out of the violence, and for that, The Ark celebrated the day they came to be.

Harley stood in between Clover and a shy girl named Fox, her hands crossed over her chest as she listened with a smile on her face. "My friends, this is a historic Unity Day," Jaha announced. The screen glitched a bit, but his voice was still loud and clear. "Every year, we mark the moment our ancestors of the twelve stations joined to form The Ark, but this is the last time we do so while aboard her. Next year, on the ground." He paused, allowing the people around him to began clapping.

"Right," Miller scoffed, picking his hand out of his pocket. "After we did all the work!" He motioned to himself and the others, making them nod in agreement. "Someone shut him up."

"You shut up, Miller," Raven retorted, leaning forward to peer at him. "No one's forcing you to watch."

Miller seemed annoyed, but he still stayed quiet, making Harley tune back into Jaha after the small argument. "For ninety-seven years, we have eked out an existence, hoping that someday our descendants would return to Earth.."

Harley tilted her head as he continued his speech, listening closely. She had a smile on her face, thankful that soon they wouldn't be alone. Certain delinquents had been chosen to be gunners, and due to her inability to hold a knife of all things, Bellamy decided she definitely wasn't one of them. She didn't protest, knowing that there was no chance she'd be able to shoot someone else, regardless if it was a grounder. The threat of them was still around, considering the grounder has been gone. She was scared, sure, but she believed there was always the chance of peace. Maybe soon they wouldn't need the guns.

Suddenly, a loud shouting close by in the distance caught Harley's attention and brought her back to Earth. She wasn't frightened, as the voice was easily recognizable. It was Jasper, holding a large container above his head. "Whoo! Yeah!" He cheered. "Monty strikes again!" He stumbled down a slope, making his way towards the group. "Call this batch Unity Juice! Who's thirsty?!"

Excited, the delinquents began crowding around him in a circle with steel cups outstretched in their hands. Jasper began pouring Monty's moonshine into each one, making sure not to miss anyone. Clover grinned, and Harley knew she was one of the gunners off duty for now. She grabbed her canteen, ready for her own. "Are you coming?" She asked Harley, unscrewing the top.

Shyly, Harley tucked her hair behind her ears. "I don't really drink," she answered timidly. "But, go have fun!" She insisted. She knew the delinquents wanted to celebrate, knowing that soon the first dropship with the guards would be here soon and stop the party. After being on guard for so long, they seemed ready to loosen up for one last night before the adults came.