( twenty-five )

After Finn had taken off, heading to Lincoln's cave to retrieve an antidote to slow Raven's bleeding, Clarke demanded the only viable person in this war to help her follow Raven's scientific instructions under the dropship; Harley

After Finn had taken off, heading to Lincoln's cave to retrieve an antidote to slow Raven's bleeding, Clarke demanded the only viable person in this war to help her follow Raven's scientific instructions under the dropship; Harley. Night had fallen, and the grounders were testing the gunners by running just outside of the wall. A radio had been set up, so they could hear the chatter on the walkie talkie as they worked.

"I don't see anyone," someone's cracking voice echoed through. "They're too fast."

"I hit.. I hit them. I think I hit them," another continued.

Harley felt her face crumple. She knew she was losing focus, and that was dangerous in the situation they were in, but she couldn't control it. All her friends were out there, people she was frightened of at first because she was nothing like them. Now, Harley knew they were all in life threatening situations, one of them being Clover. And Murphy, she had no idea where he was. He was lost in the woods, or worse, captured by the grounders.

Snapping out of her worrisome daze at the sound of her name, Harley turned her head to see that Clarke was staring her down. "Harley, I need you to focus," she urged her. "Don't worry about what's going on out there. The gunners can handle themselves. Help me find the wire."

Understanding the importance, Harley focused again on the panel in front of her and Clarke. It was a mess of wires, all different colors, but none she could see that were orange. Raven was above them, fixing the switch that would set the blast off, and trying to talk them through it. "Do you see it or don't you?" She called down to them, sounding fed up.

Shaking her head, Harley confirmed that she didn't see the needed wire yet. "No," Clarke called back, shining the light above Harley so they could see better. "It's a mess down here."

"Look harder!" Raven pressed them. "You have to find the wire that connects the manual override to the electromagnet. It's not rocket science!"

Pausing to tilt her head, Harley raised her eyebrows at Clarke. Not to Raven, it wasn't, but she is a mechanical genius. Catching Harley's expression, Clarke called back. "It is rocket science, actually."

Harley moved onward to another set of wires, carefully pushing them apart to search for the orange one. "Guess we finally found something you're not good at," Raven continued, faint and mellow. "I used to be picked first for everything. Earth skills, zero-g mech course. First.. Every time." She paused for a moment. "So, how the hell did I end up here?"

Sensing that Clarke was frowning, Harley continued her search. Raven sounded genuinely hurt, more emotionally. She wanted to forget about the wire and hug the wounded, wanting to hear her more upbeat, but given the situation they were in, there was nothing she could do except find the orange wire.

"Raven?" Clarke spoke up gently. "I'd pick you first."

"Agreed," Harley murmured under her breath quietly, out of Raven's earshot. She was the smartest girl she's ever known, and definitely as feisty as Octavia. Harley liked her; and what was happening to her was horrid. She still had felt more guilt for her, for what Murphy did, even though it wasn't her fault.